Bauman College Programs

Author Topic: Fish recipes?  (Read 2851 times)

Offline cgroover39589

• Alumni
Fish recipes?
« on: September 21, 2010, 03:24:26 PM »
I'm learning to like fish.  I know it's good for me so I'm trying my best to incorporate it into my diet.  I've cooked fish for the last two weeks a few nights a week.  So far, so good.  My only complaint is that I only know of one way to cook fish.  I saute it with ghee and sea salt.  I'd love some fish recipes or ideas on how to make it more interesting.  Thanks!   

Offline vblackwell649

• Alumni
An old stand-by for grilled fish
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2010, 11:26:53 PM »
I have a wonderful fresh Tomatillo Sauce recipe from the Red Sage Restaurant in Washington DC:  Put the following ingredients in a blender:  One pound of fresh tomatillos, peeled fron their casings and washed.  One clove of garlic.  One avacado.  One bundle of cilantro (shave the leaves off the stems.)  Juice from one lime.  One small cerrano chili, seeds removed or kept, depending on your heat requirements.   :o  One tsp salt.  This recipe has been used with Salmon, Red Snapper, Tuna shish kebabs - and other things too, like breakfast eggs. The avacado makes the salsa creamy and very compelling.  It lasts for about 4 days in the refridgerator.  Enjoy!!!

Offline jodi f.

• Curriculum Consultant
  • Staff
Re: Fish recipes?
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2010, 01:24:45 PM »
I've attached a couple of my favorite fish recipes for you. The fish tacos recipe is great, but if your pushed for time you can use pre-made salsas of any variety.

Enjoy.

Offline SimoneS

• Alumni
    • Zenbelly
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2010, 02:34:13 PM »
This is my go to fish recipe- it is super quick, and delicious.  When people say they don't have time to cook I tell them this is faster than take out! 

10 minute coconut salmon
(serves 4)

1 1/2 lbs wild coho salmon*
1 lime, juiced
1/2 t cumin
1/2 t coriander
2 t green curry paste (or more to taste)
1 can organic coconut milk (Native Forest is BPa free)
1 bunch cilantro, stems removed**
1 bunch basil, stems removed**
pinch red pepper flakes
pinch sea salt
pinch pepper

Preheat oven to 500 degrees

Sprinkle salmon with cumin, coriander, salt, pepper & 1/2 of the lime juice.  Set aside.  In a blender, combine remaining lime juice and the rest of the ingredients and puree.  Pour a small amount in a oven safe dish, just enough to coat the bottom.  Add the salmon to the dish and pour over the remaining sauce.  Cook uncovered for 5-8 minutes, depending on how well done you like your salmon.  5 minutes will yield a perfect medium.

* Any salmon will do for this recipe, Coho is great because the lower fat content is balanced nicely by the rich coconut milk.  Make sure which ever kind you buy, it is wild, and never be shy about asking your fish monger what's freshest that day!
** No need to painstakingly remove each leaf from the stem, just grab the tops and tear off, all at once.

www.delishdish.net

Offline Lauren Mullins

• Alumni
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2010, 03:39:28 PM »
My favorite way to prepare wild Salmon is to coat the fillet with sesame oil, and dredge it in sesame seeds.  Then just bake it!!  It's delicious, with a nice crunch on the outside of it, and seriously easy!!  Enjoy!! 

Offline jennig980

• Alumni
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2010, 11:00:37 PM »
I just prepared a delicious halibut dish. It has great flavor complexity, yet was super simple to prepare. It was warm and comforting. Enjoy!

Parchment-Roasted Halibut & White Wine Reduction
Servings: 4

Ingredients:

1 lb fresh halibut fillet
3 tsp coconut oil
3 scallions, roots trimmed
1 fennel bulb, sliced
1 tsp minced ginger
1 Tbsp minced garlic
1 minced jalapeno pepper
1 cup white wine
1 Tbsp butter
1 Tbsp plain yogurt
juice of one lemon
1/4 cup basil leaves
salt & pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 400˚.

Place a piece of parchment paper at the base of a baking dish with enough extending to cover the top. Line the bottom with the fennel, green onions, and half the jalapeno peppers. Drizzle 1 tsp of coconut oil to coat and salt with a few generous pinches.

Rinse and dry halibut. Place on top of the vegetables in the parchment paper. Coat with remaining coconut oil, salt, black pepper, garlic, ginger, and jalapenos. Squeeze half the lemon and pour half of the white wine over halibut.

Fold parchment over top the fish and fold edges to create a pocket. Bake for 15-18 minutes.

After baking, pour any liquid remaining on the parchment into a sauce pan. Bring liquid to a soft boil, add butter, remaining wine and reduce to about half. Stir in yogurt and lemon juice. Salt and pepper to taste. Pour sauce over the fish and vegetables. Finish with chopped basil. Serve immediately.

Offline BoooD4455

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2019, 01:20:00 AM »
Hi!
I can recommend really tasty Fish Recipe - https://club.cooking/recipe/fish-soup/
I love it!))