Bauman College Programs

Author Topic: Healthy Ceasar Salad - By Ed Bauman - DELICIOUS!!!  (Read 3839 times)

Offline hillori

• Alumni
Healthy Ceasar Salad - By Ed Bauman - DELICIOUS!!!
« on: April 03, 2007, 09:33:51 PM »
Hi there,
If you love caesar salad like I do, check out Ed's "Healthy Caesar" on page 49 of his cookbook "Recipes & Remedies for Rejuvenation". This is a low-fat, non-dairy version of a popular salad taken from (www.whfoods.com)
I made this tonight, and think it is as good, if not better than any caesar I have tasted. Instead of the standard egg yolk and parmesean to thicken the dressing up, Ed uses Tahini.  I have to admit I was a little skeptical at first, but once all ingredients were mixed together, it tasted just like the parmesean had been added right into the dressing.  YUMMY!!!
Instead of croutons, Ed uses toasted walnuts, giving it a nice nutty flavor, which really blends well with the romaine and dressing.  And
the best part, is I can eat this and not feel guilty!!

Healthy Caesar Salad (2 servings)

2 large heads Romaine lettuce (outer leaves removed)
1/4 cup toasted walnuts

Rinse lettuce. Make sure your lettuce is well dried so you don't dilute the dressing

Dressing:
2 Tbsp. roasted tahini
1/2 oz. can anchovies (drained of oil, rinsed and chopped)
4 medium cloves of garlic (chopped)
3 Tbsp. lemon juice
2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
Salt and cracked black pepper to tasted

Blend dressing ingredients together for 1-2 minutes, drizzle olive oil at end, a little at a time.

Toss Romaine with desired amount of dressing and walnuts if using them.  There will be dressing left over. 

Variation:  For a complete lunch you can add cooked chicken breasts and toss in salad

Offline kk4health

• Alumni
Re: Healthy Ceasar Salad - By Ed Bauman - DELICIOUS!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2007, 05:27:56 PM »
Hi! Ed Bauman,

My son has been asking of me to make Ceasar Salad!  He told me he has been craving Ceasar Salad!  He's on the mild side of lactose intolerant.  This is a perfect recipe for him!  Thank you!

Kim Adams
Student: NE

anything