Bauman College Programs

Author Topic: source for herbs  (Read 3582 times)

Offline JennyR

• Alumni
source for herbs
« on: April 10, 2007, 07:52:42 PM »
One of my goals is to add more herbal teas to my diet, and I was wondering where a good place to find those herbs would be. Is it best to use fresh, or dried?
Thanks, Jenny

Offline Cathy Crystal

• Academic Supervisor, DL Administrator
  • Faculty
  • Herbalist, Yoga Instructor, Organic Farmer, Dancer
Re: source for herbs
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2007, 03:26:44 PM »
Many markets, both natural and commercial, have herbal teas. If you have access to a natural food store they will have a larger variety. You can buy bags or in bulk. In the stores you will find mostly dried herbs, although fresh mint is available. Maybe some of your frineds are growing some herbs and you can pick them fresh. Good luck on your herb quest.

« Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 04:17:39 PM by Marlina E »

Offline Susan B.

• Faculty
  • Eat like your life depends on it -- it does!
    • Kitchen Table Remedies
Re: source for herbs
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2007, 05:29:02 PM »
Hi Jenny. You didn't say where you live, but if you live in SF, I recommend both Scarlet Sage and Rainbow Grocery.

Alternatively, a great place to buy herbs is online from Mountain Rose Herbs. they sell very high quality herbs and you do not have to buy large quantities as you would from other excellent suppliers (such as Pacific Botanicals - one pound minimum).

Adding herbal teas to your daily intake is a great way to tonify your organs, obtain easily absorbed minerals, increase immunity, etc. etc. There's lots of good info on the Mountain Rose website about different uses for specific herbs.

Enjoy!
Susan

anything