Bauman College Programs

Linked Events

• Reduce Back Pain (FREE!): April 19, 2007

Author Topic: FREE Class Reduces Back & Joint Pain!  (Read 2759 times)

Offline Dana Davis

FREE Class Reduces Back & Joint Pain!
« on: April 16, 2007, 09:13:45 PM »
TRANSFORM YOUR POSTURE; ELIMINATE YOUR PAIN!

Are you tired of having back or joint pain? You can learn how to be free of pain! Learning what is the underlying cause of your pain will enable you to make changes that eliminate your pain. Almost everyone in highly industrialized countries has adopted a modern posture that is misaligned and so pervasive we can't even see it. Many treatments don't address the underlying cause of pain.

Learning a set of simple, specific guidelines can bring you relief from pain anytime, anywhere. The same guidelines that take away your pain also straighten your spine!

Come to a 2 hour FREE introductory Balance class:

DATE: Thursday, April 19 or Wednesday, May 16, 7:15-9:15 pm

LOCATION: Sonoma Body Balance, 210 Vallejo St., Suite C, Petaluma
(across from Whole Foods, on the other side of E. Washington)

RESERVATIONS ARE REQUIRED. To register, call 707-658-2599 or e-mail: dana@sonomabodybalance.com

Why do people in some countries have no back pain? 80% of the population in the United States suffers from back pain, compared to only 5% in many other countries, such as Portugal and Greece. These healthy people move slightly differently than we do. The teaching of the Balance Center is based on more than 35 years of research on these healthy populations. When you stand, bend, sit, walk, and sleep as these people do, your pain can be significantly reduced or eliminated.

Six ways this approach is unique:

-Balance is based on studying healthy people
-No special devices, special equipment or special chairs are needed
-No exercises or radical positions are required
-Balance dramatically improves your posture
-You use this information immediately in your car, at work, even at the
movies
-A slight shift in position brings relief

WHAT DO PEOPLE SAY ABOUT THE RESULTS OF BALANCE?

“I have successfully used Balance Center instructions as part of a comprehensive treatment program for my patients with painful spinal conditions.”
- William Firtch, M.D.

“I’ve tried almost all there is to try and Balance has taught me how to take care of my own back, rather than spending tons of money.”
- Clyde Lerner, Independent computer consultant

"Before I took the Balance class, I experienced chronic neck, low back, hip, and gluteal tension, in spite of the fact that I received weekly chiropractic adjustments. While taking the class, my tension decreased significantly. The tools I learned in the class also enabled me to teach basic sitting skills to patients which helped eliminate a major cause of recurring back pain for many of them."
-Jay Bunker, Chiropractor

Taught by Dana Davis, MA, Senior Certified Instructor at the Balance Center in Palo Alto and Certified Yoga Teacher. Class includes slides, practice sitting and bending in Balance, anatomy and individual hands-on guidance. Enrollment is limited. For more information about the Balance Center, visit www.balancecenter.com.

I also offer a 15-hour Foundations of Balance series that meets for 5 or 10 weeks. In this class you will learn the basics of Balanced posture: sitting in several positions, standing, walking, bending, lifting, lying on your side and back, driving, and reshaping the arches of the feet. This is a great way to transform your pain and your posture and learn something you can practice for the rest of your life - something that can help you prevent an acute episode of back pain or know what to do if you should have one. Cost is $295-375. For more information about this series, see www.sonomabodybalance.com.

Ongoing yoga classes also offered: Thursdays 5:15-6:45 pm.
Restorative Yoga one Friday night per month. Next one is Friday, May 4, 6-8 pm.

To register, call 707-658-2599 or e-mail: dana@sonomabodybalance.com

*** END PAIN AT THE SOURCE! ***
« Last Edit: April 16, 2007, 09:16:30 PM by Dana Davis »

anything