Bauman College Programs

Author Topic: When do the NC modules start?  (Read 5140 times)

Offline EmiliaW

• Alumni
    • Wine and Butter
When do the NC modules start?
« on: June 01, 2011, 11:33:53 PM »
Hi there!

I am about to finish up my NE course distance learning (started it when the two courses were separate!) and I am seriously considering continuing with the NC course, but doing it in the classroom. My mum lives in Berkeley so this would be a nice option for me! I cant seem to work out when the NC classes start, if you have already completed the NE modules? Can someone confirm the timings of this? And would I need to do the bio-chem module, that is now a part of the NE segment of the course, before starting the NC part? This is for the Berkeley campus!

Thanks so much!

Offline Marsha McLaughlin

• Admissions
  • Staff
Re: When do the NC modules start?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2011, 10:41:10 AM »
Hello
I have attached to this post a document that explains the NE-NC Conversion Program and the two Berkeley Spring 2011 class schedules.  You would begin in September 2011, in the Berkeley classroom.  BioChem will need to be completed beforehand.  Please contact me directly if you would like to discuss this in more detail. I am also happy to email you out the Enrollment Contract.
Be Well,
Marsha Mclaughlin
Admissions Supervisor
800-987-7530
marsha.mclaughlin@baumancollege.org
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 10:42:45 AM by Marsha McLaughlin »

Offline christy2u

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2011, 02:53:02 PM »
I'm also seriously considering enrolling in the NC program (distance learning, though). Received the catalog in the mail, but am a little confused when i see Nutrition Educator titles as well - have the NE and NC programs merged? If I graduate from the NC program, will I also be a qualified Nutrition Educator as well?

Thanks!

Offline Marsha McLaughlin

• Admissions
  • Staff
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2011, 03:39:14 PM »
Hello

Bauman College merged their Nutrition Educator and Nutrition Consultant Programs in Fall 2010.  We offer a Conversion Program for Nutrition Educator graduates who want to complete the Nutrition Consultant Program within our new 700 Hr Nutrition Consultant Model.  I have attached the explanation document to this post.

Upon completion of the 700 Hr. Nutrition Consultant Program your title will be Certified Nutrition Consultant.  This is a higher level of certification than the Nutrition Educator Certification and encompasses the fields of nutrition education and nutrition consulting.  You would use the title Nutrition Consultant.  

For Nutrition Educator graduate, the title of Nutrition Educator is still recognized.  

Please contact me directly if you would like more information.  I would also be happy to email you class schedules for our 4 campus locations. The next group of classroom Conversion students will begin in September 2011.  Distance Learning students may enroll at anytime.  

I'll look forward to hearing from you.

Be Well,
Marsha McLaughlin
Admissions Supervisor
marsha.mclaughlin@baumancollege.org
800-987-7530
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 01:51:02 PM by Marsha McLaughlin »

anything