Bauman College Programs

Author Topic: Duck Egg recipes?  (Read 2803 times)

Offline NicoleP

• Alumni
Duck Egg recipes?
« on: June 19, 2011, 08:49:58 PM »
Hi lovely Bauman foodies!

I have an egg sensitivity which is really a shame, but a nearby Whole Foods started selling local pastured duck eggs.  My doctor says there is a good chance that duck eggs would be ok for me.  So I bought some tonight and am wondering if any of you out there have some good recipes? 

I hear that they taste different than chicken eggs and it seems like many think it is not a good difference.  I also hear they are good for baking, however I'm more interested in savory recipes than sweet.  Because they aren't cheap I don't want to just do a bunch of experimenting and hope that something works or tastes good. 

Thanks in advance,

Nicole

Offline Kathy C.

• Faculty
Re: Duck Egg recipes?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2011, 08:00:48 PM »
Hello Nicole.  I love duck eggs and what I find to be true about them is that the yolk is a richer distinct flavor and the white is a denser protein.  They are wonderful for savory.  I have only made simple, goat cheese omelets and a quick bites dish:  egg/avocado/red onion (the base) chunky mashed salad for a high protein, energy sustaining "quick bites" item.  Enjoy the experimenting.  Ducks tend to eat a wilder range of foods and are quite peaceful a lot of the time...so I believe we get to ingest this special energy.  Chef Kathy
Kathy Cummins, NE
 Natural Chef Instructor,
Therapeutic Personal Chef
Healthcare Aide for Elders,
 Consultant for Vajrapani Buddhist Community Kitchen
Organic Farmer Advocate

Offline NicoleP

• Alumni
Re: Duck Egg recipes?
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2011, 09:38:55 AM »
Thank you Kathy, I'm going to try them now!