Bauman College Programs

Author Topic: Finals for distance courses  (Read 5061 times)

Offline hipperman

Finals for distance courses
« on: May 07, 2007, 11:15:02 AM »
How are exams taken, and what is the final for distance courses? Can I receive the same credentials online that I could if I took the classes in person?

Offline Marlina E

• Associate Director
  • Administrator
    • Bauman College Online
Re: Finals for distance courses
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2007, 10:00:40 AM »
Thank you for your post. Though the curriculum of the Classroom and Distance Learning course is essentially the same, there are some differences in the homework requirements.

All Bauman College homework assignments are project based. Students will be completing a variety of assignments including self assessments (diet, journals, pH tracking, symptom questionnaires), essays, research papers, and client interviews.

The midterm exam and all quizzes are completed at home by the student and submitted to the mentor with their homework assignments. Students review results of their work and review each module at subsequent telephone appointments with their mentor in order to ensure that the student is on track with their learning process.

The final project is the development of a public presentation. Since it is difficult for Distance Learners to present their public presentation to their peers in class as classroom students do, it is highly recommended but not required that Distance Learners present their presentation somewhere in their community. This allows them to practice their public speaking skills, but most importantly introduces themselves to their community so they can discuss their current work and upcoming projects with prospective clients.

Bauman College is a vocational training school and we provide excellent curriculum and support for our students. Our most successful students are those whose goal is to devote the time and discipline to educating themselves to their fullest potential and developing themselves into the profession. It is through the studentís effort that their expertise is developed. The extent of this development lies on the studentís innate abilities, learning skills and devotion to the process.
BA Environmental Studies UCSB
Nutrition Consultant