Bauman College Programs

Author Topic: Farmageddon movie premiere and Three Stone Hearth promotions  (Read 2640 times)

Offline amyg281

• Alumni
  • Fix the food first
    • Embrace Health & Nutrition
Farmageddon movie premiere and Three Stone Hearth promotions
« on: September 16, 2011, 08:06:15 AM »
Hey! One of the Three Stone Hearth founders (Bauman graduate) is going to be on a panel for a premiere viewing of Farmageddon, a documentary about the craziness surrounding government control and take over of farm fresh foods and small dairys. And, in thinking about it, there are always broken down building on the side of the road in California that people see and say, "I think that used to be an old dairy back in the day." There you have it...not many of them left, they are dwindling still, and this doc. tells us why. It looks sobering but important. See more about the premiere and the trailer here:
http://vimeo.com/16513455
http://sf-farmageddon-freedom-gala.eventbrite.com/

See you in class!
Amy Griffith

Offline vanessaa119

Re: Farmageddon movie premiere and Three Stone Hearth promotions
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2011, 04:46:16 PM »
Yes! I am going to the screening at 7pm tonight.

5:30 pm Reception at 518 Valencia, Meet and Greet the Film Director, Kristin Canty

Enjoy food samples that include: Organic Pasture's raw milk and cheese, Evergreen Acres Goat Farm's raw milk and cheese, Grindstone Bakery's bread and Vital Choice's smoked salmon. House Kombucha and Drinkwell Softers will have their kombucha and sodas for sale. Walk to Roxie Theater, 3117 16th Street

6:55 pm Introduction before 7:00 pm screening of FARMAGEDDON at the Roxie (3117 16th Street, San Francisco)

8:30 pm Panel Discussion in Theatre after the 7:00 pm screening with Kristin Canty and the following panel members:
Randy Hartnell, Vital Choice
Jessica Prentice,Three Stone Hearth
Mark McAfee, Organic Pastures
Mike and Jane Hulme, Evergreen Goat Farm
Sandrine Hahn, Nourishing Our Children
Julie Matthews, Nourishing Hope

I am much looking forward to this, AND I am pretty sure that there are a few tickets left.

- Vanessa Atkinson

Offline amyg281

• Alumni
  • Fix the food first
    • Embrace Health & Nutrition
Re: Farmageddon movie premiere and Three Stone Hearth promotions
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2011, 10:08:12 AM »
Hey Vanessa! How was it? How was the reception and any key discussions that you found particularly useful? I hope it makes it to some theaters in Berzerkeley.  :)
Amy Griffith