Bauman College Programs

Author Topic: Program for teaching school children nutrition  (Read 5082 times)

Offline JuanitaF

• Alumni
Program for teaching school children nutrition
« on: February 14, 2012, 03:56:38 PM »
Is there a program available to NE graduates to teach nutrition to school children.  I seem recall there was a program created by Ed Bauman that we could use. 

Thanks,

Juanita

Offline nancybirang

• Faculty
Re: Program for teaching school children nutrition
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 06:35:07 PM »
Hi Juanita,
Yes, materials were developed for  2 Bauman College sponsored programs: Kidz Culinary Academy and Kidz for Health ; there is a cookbook available for Kidz Culinary Academy-it is for sale thru BC; the Kidz for Health program is no longer sponsored by BC-it has been replaced by Nourishing Generations Educational Project-you can check out the website; www.nourishinggenerations.org.  I am the acting director of this new non profit-we bring chefs, nutritionists, fitness trainers into schools and community groups.  As a 501 c3 non profit, we are accepting grants, sponsorships, etc to run individual classes and 6 week programs (after school)-we have just completed 2, 6 wk programs at 2 schools (after school programs) in S Cruz and we are  about to start 2 new programs at affordable housing communities in Watsonville & Aptos.  I would be happy to talk with you about our classes, format, etc.  You are also welcome to come and help out at any of our classes and see firsthand what we do. You can reach me at 408-832-6178.
Board Certified, Holistic Nutrition
Registered, National Association of Nutrition Professionals
Bachelor of Science, Medical Technology
Licensed Clinical Laboratory Scientist