Bauman College Programs

Author Topic: Combining Both Programs - Natural Chef + Nutrition Consultant Program  (Read 7030 times)

Offline cjharmony

Hello there,

I have been thinking about Bauman College for over a year, but am undecided about which program to enroll in. Ideally, I would want to be able to work as a nutrition consultant who cooks a few demo recipes and also offers personal chef options along with consulting on nutrition for those folks interested in learning, but too busy to cook themselves.

Is there any type of dual program or suggested way to enroll in both programs? Is there a reduced cost over doing both programs individually?

Thank you,

Cora

Offline Marsha McLaughlin

• Admissions
  • Staff
Re: Combining Both Programs - Natural Chef + Nutrition Consultant Program
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2013, 03:40:31 PM »
Hi Cora

Students can enroll in both our Nutrition Consultant Program and our Natural Chef Program at the same time.  However, doing both programs at the same time may be too heavy of a load for some people.  My suggestion would be to enroll in the Nutrition Consultant Program in the Distance Learning format if you want to do both programs at the same time.  Upon completion of the Natural Chef Program you would have the option of doing an Inter-Program transfer into one of our Nutrition Consultant classrooms. A good time to transfer from Distance Learning into a classroom is at the beginning of Term 2: Therapeutic Nutrition.  In my experience, students are more successful when completing one program at a time.  Natural Chef students spend 15 hours a week in the classroom and there is also a homework requirement.  Our Nutrition Consultant students spend 3 1/2 to 7 hours per week in the classroom and also have a homework requirement. 

I would be happy to talk to you more about this.  Please feel free to phone me when you have a moment to talk.

Be Well,
Marsha McLaughlin
Bauman College Admissions Manager
800-987-7530 x305
marsha.mclaughlin@baumancollege.org