Bauman College Programs

Author Topic: Advice on Job Transistion  (Read 6219 times)

Offline shirleyl032

Advice on Job Transistion
« on: January 26, 2013, 09:03:33 PM »
Hi~
I am interested in a career in holistic nutrition, but I have absolutely no background in nutrition. I have my Bachelor's in Business and I've been in Asia the past 2 years teaching English and traveling. I would like to take the nutrition classes at a campus in CA. I am very worried about job prospects post graduation though.

Can any current students or recent grads give me any thoughts or share experiences with the courses, internships, and jobs?

Thanks

Offline Marsha McLaughlin

• Admissions
  • Staff
Re: Advice on Job Transistion
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 09:15:46 AM »
Hello

Bauman College does not require that our students have a background in nutrition. This is what we will teach you.  Bauman College graduates are doing great work in the field. Our graduates work side by side with primary health care providers to create individualized nutrition programs for their clients.  Others are working in private practice, in schools, recovery and retreat centers, senior centers, food growing and manufacturing companies, and in many areas of community education.  Some prefer to specialize and work with specific groups of people, such as children with autism, or focusing on weight loss. Our graduates are working in large Silicon Valley companies planning and preparing meals for their employees to promote high energy, focus, and blood sugar balance. Some prefer to work one on one with individuals.  This is a growing field and there are many creative opportunities for our graduates to a part of the growing field of nutrition.

My question for you would be, "What do you want to do in the field?" I am always available to speak with you more about your goals and aspirations and help you to determine if Bauman College is the right program for you.  Please feel free to contact me at anytime.

Be Well,
Marsha McLaughlin
Bauman College Admissions Manager
marsha.mclaughlin@baumancollege.org
800-987-7530 x305