Bauman College Programs

Author Topic: Vegan Pumpkin Pudding  (Read 2774 times)

Offline anhartz

• Alumni
    • SoulGarden Blog
Vegan Pumpkin Pudding
« on: March 26, 2013, 05:37:57 PM »
So I have been experimenting and really love this mock-pudding I came up with.
Super easy and just a few ingredients to make it a fast snack for kids and adults.

1 Tbsp Earth Balance
4 Organic Medjool Dates (pitted and chopped)
1 can organic Pumpkin
1 C. Vanilla Almond Milk ( Soy, Rice or Coconut Milk also works)
1/4 C. Organic Sweetener ( Honey, Agave or Maple Syrup) * can add more if you like it more sweet
1 Tbsp Cinnamon
*can also add other spice like clove, nutmeg to taste.
3 Tbsp ground organic flaxseed
2 Tbsp Chia Seeds

Heat earth balance in sauce pan over med-low heat until melted. Add dates, milk and cinnamon. stir slowly for about 5 mins.
Add Pumpkin and sweetener to the pan and lower heat to low. Stir slowly until all is combined for about 5 mins.
Add Flaxseed and Chia Seeds stir slowly for a few minutes until it starts to bind and becomes thick. Turn off heat and continue to stir slowly then allow to set for 5 minutes.  Blend slowly with immersion blender to make a creamery texture.   

Serve warm or allow to cool and refrigerate overnight.

Enjoy!

Ashlea Hartz

Offline aef0538

• Alumni
Re: Vegan Pumpkin Pudding
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2013, 06:30:55 AM »
I just tried this pudding recipe and I LOVE it!!! It tastes like the filling to a pumpkin pie- but made with such beneficial ingredients. I did make a couple changes: I used a little less than a tablespoon of cinnamon because a whole Tbs seemed like A LOT to me and it just would have been too much. I would say a teaspoon would be perfect, with a little bit of nutmeg and cloves too. Also, I did not use the earth balance butter/margarine. I left that out and just started by heating the chopped dates and almond milk. I thought the earth balance was not necessary, and the pudding still came out great in my opinion! The ground flax seeds and chia seeds help to thicken it up and give it a very natural 'pudding' texture, and the chia seeds give a great crunch!

Thanks for sharing you recipe!
-Angie Federico