Bauman College Programs

Author Topic: NE continuing to NC program?  (Read 7643 times)

Offline KarenHo

NE continuing to NC program?
« on: April 24, 2013, 05:53:35 AM »
Hi,
I completed the DL NE program in January 2010.  I am interested in continuing on and enrolling in the NC program.  I have seen the the curriculum has changed in the past few year and now it is all one program.  How would I go about finishing the program?
-Karen
Karen
No Grain, No Pain...Gluten Free

Offline Marsha McLaughlin

• Admissions
  • Staff
Re: NE continuing to NC program?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2013, 12:42:59 PM »
Hi Karen

Bauman College offers a conversion program that allows our Nutrition Educator graduates to continue on in our Nutrition Consultant Program. The conversion program is available in all of our classroom locations as well as in our Distance Learning format.

In order to accommodate the many students who have studied under our Nutrition Educator (NE) program and are eager to continue on in our new Nutrition Consultant (NC) program we are offering a conversion process to certified Nutrition Educator graduates. This conversion process gives academic credit for a studentís NE education within the current NC program. The NC Program is divided into 3 terms: Foundations of Nutrition, Therapeutic Nutrition, and Internship. NE certified students may enter the NC program at the Therapeutic Nutrition term of the program after completing the NC 103 module, explained below.

Conversion Requirements:
NE certification with 350 hours

Conversion Process:
NE certified graduates are required to purchase the Foundations of Nutrition Package, which includes the Foundations of Nutrition Textbook and Workbook as well as access to all Foundations of Nutrition Distance Learning materials (audio-synced slide presentations). Students must complete and submit homework and exams for NC 103: Biochemistry before beginning the Therapeutic Nutrition term at NC 201.

Translation of Conversion of NE to NC classes:
NE converts to NC
NE101 Eating for Health -  NC 101 Eating for Health
NE102 Digestive Physiology -  NC102 Digestive Physiology
NE103 Nutrition Analysis -  NC104 Nutrition Analysis
NE104 Macronutrients -  NC105 Macronutrients
NE105 Micronutrients -  NC106 Micronutrients
NE 106 Research & Presentation -  no conversion
NE 107 Nutritional Counseling -  NC107 Nutritional Counseling & Research
NE 108 Weight Management -  no conversion
NE 109 Allergy & Immune -  no conversion
NE 110 Business -  no conversion

Please contact me directly if you are interested in more information on the Bauman College Conversion Program. 

Be Well,

Marsha McLaughlin
Bauman College Admissions Manager
800-987-7530 x305
marsha.mclaughlin@baumancollege.org

Offline GSH

• Alumni
NE to NC program
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2013, 06:18:27 PM »
Hi,
I am interested to learn more about the cost and fees of converting from NE to NC program. Thank you.

Offline Marsha McLaughlin

• Admissions
  • Staff
Re: NE continuing to NC program?
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2013, 12:16:23 PM »
Hello,
The tuition and fees for the Spring 2014 NE-NC Conversion Program are:

Registration Fee (non-refundable) $150.00
Foundations of Nutrition Audit Fee (non-refundable) $250.00
NC103 Biochemistry $330.00
Tuition: (Prorated upon course withdrawal) $6,240.00
Materials $342.50
Sales Tax: 8.25% $28.26
STRF Fee (non-refundable): $3.50
Shipping and Handling: $65.00

Total Cost: $7,409.26

There may be a slight adjustment to the costs above due to sales tax differences. Shipping only applies to Distance Learning students.  There are additional shipping costs for shipments outside of CA. The STRF fee is only applicable to students who reside in CA.

Conversion Requirements:
NE certification with 350 hours

Conversion Process:
NE certified graduates are required to purchase the Foundations of Nutrition Package, which includes the Foundations of Nutrition Textbook and Workbook as well as access to all Foundations of Nutrition Distance Learning materials (audio-synced slide presentations). Students must complete and submit homework and exams for NC 103: Biochemistry before beginning the Therapeutic Nutrition term at NC 201.

Be sure to let me know if you have additional questions.

Be Well,

Marsha
Bauman College Admissions Manager

anything