Bauman College Programs

Author Topic: Wisdom Teeth Removal--Suggestions before and after  (Read 2949 times)

Offline GinaLGibbons

• Alumni
    • Natural Health Foodie
Wisdom Teeth Removal--Suggestions before and after
« on: April 11, 2013, 08:21:38 AM »
Hello lovely students and faculty of Bauman!  I am 25 years old and am going to be getting my wisdom teeth taken out soon.  I wanted to know if any of you had any recommendations based on experience.

I'd love any tips or ideas you have to make the recovery go smoothly and to prepare my body before surgery.  Is there a better time to get it done regarding menstrual cycle? I've heard right after is best but I'm not sure. I also would like to avoid taking painkillers if possible, so natural remedies would be greatly appreciated.  Salt-water rinses before and after is definitely going to happen already.

Thank you SO much.  I appreciate it greatly.

Best wishes to you all!

Gina

Offline Nori

• Faculty
    • Radiant Vitality
Re: Wisdom Teeth Removal--Suggestions before and after
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2013, 08:08:59 AM »
I would avoid having this procedure around my menstrual cycle as the blood seems to be thinner at that time and you might have difficulty forming a clot.  The week before, ensure you have plenty of sleep, excellent nutrition like E4H, proper hydration, and nothing bothering you.  Vitamin C with bioflavonoids could be very helpful in boosting immunity. 

What can help heal up the sockets are the "ACESZS" consisting of foods rich in vitamins A, C (with bioflavonoids), and E, plus the minerals selenium and zinc.  Folate is also a good skin nutrient.  You can find all of those nutrients in the super food liver, incidentally.  Laura Knoff has a great recipe in both her books. 

Salt water rinses are a good idea. The homeopathic Body Mend is as potent as any pain med, in my opinion.  You can procure it on line: http://www.nutritiondynamics.com/products/BioE-Body-Mend.html
Nori M. Hudson, BA, MS
Instructor, Bauman College, Berkeley
Board Certified in Holistic Nutrition by and Registered with NANP
Certified Diet Counselor, Nutrition Educator,  Nutrition Consultant, and Nutrition Teacher through Bauman College

Offline GinaLGibbons

• Alumni
    • Natural Health Foodie
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2013, 03:54:02 PM »
Thank you SO much for all of your wisdom on the wisdom teeth Nori.  I will do everything you suggested!  Thanks for taking the time.

Best <3

Offline JudithSil

• Alumni
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2013, 12:01:17 PM »
I had a very good experience using these homeopathic healing drops following dental surgery: Body Mend, by BioEnergetics Inc.: http://www.nutritiondynamics.com/products/BioE-Body-Mend.html

They really cut down the swelling and speeded healing.

anything