Bauman College Programs

Author Topic: job market  (Read 5015 times)

Offline shirleyl032

job market
« on: June 27, 2013, 12:44:38 PM »
hi~
i know this has been asked before, but i am hoping to get some more feedback from people. a major concern for me is job placement after graduation. is there anyone or company or clinic hiring or offering internships?
is there anyone is socal that would be willing to give me some info about the job market there?

thanks

Offline Ed Bauman

• President
  • Faculty
Re: job market
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2013, 11:59:55 AM »
I have been doing a monthly series of Virtual Mentoring calls wherein students and graduates can call in on the first Wednesday of the month with questions pertaining to job and career development. These calls have been archived on our forum under the alumni services and available to students and graduates. Bauman College also posts job offers on our forum, so  that is a great place to  look for requests for  NC and Chef grads to work in clinics, companies and organizations. It's important to establish your area if interest and use your homework to build a portfolio to show potential employers the quality of your work. If you are not yet a student, or a student in the beginning of the course, it's good to speak to potential employers in your area about you working for or with them when you graduate. Improving the quality of the food that people eat at home and at work is something that speaks to the needs and interests of people in many different settings. Once a student, if  you live near a Bauman College campus, you can plug into the quarterly Round Tables we offer to connect with others in our field to learn of the variety of programs and services our grads are offering. The Bauman Wellness program, that provides the platform for our NC Internship and Fieldwork is a structured program that some grads have been able to offer to companies for compensation once they have completed our program. The job market is growing for natural food writers, researchers, sales and marketing persons, food providers, teachers, practitioners, product developers and employee wellness consultants for local and  national companies.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 03:26:42 PM by Marlina E »
President, Bauman College
Clinical Director, Bauman Nutrition Clinic
Facilitator, Vitality Fasting Retreats
Ph.D. in Health Promotion, U of New Mexico
M.Ed. in Education, U of Massachusetts
President, Board of Directors, NANP
Faculty, JFKU,New College

anything