Bauman College Programs

Author Topic: Looking for a roommate- Berkerley area  (Read 6003 times)

Offline ElizabethFood4life

Looking for a roommate- Berkerley area
« on: July 31, 2013, 01:12:01 PM »
Hello Fall Bauman students,

I am moving to Berkeley September 1  for the Natural chef program. I am in search of a roommate. If you are looking too let me know and we can see what we can work out!

Elizabeth

Offline CeriJones

• Alumni
Re: Looking for a roommate- Berkerley area
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2013, 06:13:20 AM »
Hi Elizabeth
I started a conversation strand about this a while ago - I think there may be a few of us looking - me too!
Get in touch!
Ceri

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2013, 10:09:01 AM »
Hi Ceri! Would you be open to chatting over the phone? I am free to chat this weekend. Sunday being the best day.

Offline CeriJones

• Alumni
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2013, 11:57:06 AM »
Hi Elizabeth,
I'm actually based in London so phone isn't so easy - would be happy to skype though if that works for you?  Sunday eve (london time) so afternoon USA time? would be great for me!  Or you can email me on jonesceri@hotmail.com
Thanks
Ceri

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2013, 02:06:01 PM »
Hello- I do not have Skype so that will not work. Why don't we just type through here. Where do you stand in terms of a place and with other gals form the program?

Offline CeriJones

• Alumni
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2013, 12:57:45 PM »
Hi Elizabeth,
I've been discussing with 1 other girl (on the previous discussion link), I'm pretty sure we're going to find somewhere together.  Ideally in Berkeley.  I'll be arriving on 11th September.  Would love to discuss longer over email and introduce myself if you'd be happy to share?
Thanks
Ceri

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2013, 03:01:51 PM »
Yes I would. I am arriving September 1st or so. What are you looking for in a place?

Have you sykped with the girl? Maybe she would like to join our conversation?

Offline CeriJones

• Alumni
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2013, 06:44:27 AM »
Brill - why don't you drop me a line? I'm looking for a place that's comfortable, homely and in a good area - preferably furnished as I won't be bringing anything - other than that have no specifics! Reasonable budget depending what the going rate is in Berkeley (its probably as sky high as it is in London)!
C

Offline LilyHorton

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2013, 03:37:12 PM »
Hello Elizabeth and Ceri  :)  I am wondering if you guys have found housing yet or would be looking for another roommate for the fall.  I was accepted into the Natural Chef program today and am now trying to make moves towards California!

Offline anikas666

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2013, 06:02:57 PM »
Hi I am also looking to move to the Berkeley area or Penngrove could go either way but would love to get out there soon to resume studies. I am hoping to move from Georgia to California in the fall soonest would be October. I am 35 female health conscious, easy going and open to share housing. Things I am into; nature, qi gong, juicing, spiritual stuff like meditation and being good to all beings...  Ps I have a small lazy and fat Chihuahua that must come with! :) Let me know if anyone is interested in sharing living space. I am hoping to pay $500-600 tops for a room in a safe environment. Anika

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2013, 09:46:52 PM »
Hi Ceri- Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. Down below is a little bit about me.

Hi Anika- I am looking for a place around Setpmber 1st  so it wont work unless you are looking for something sooner.

Hi Lily- I have not found anything yet. I have only been looking at shared rooms on craigslist because I have not found someone to look for an apartment with. I would be open to looking at an apartment if we feel that we are a fit.

A little about me:I have a degree in elementary education. In the future, i want to combine food, kids and yoga. I enjoy going to farms markets, being outdoors, yoga, cooking, good conversations, and eating out at  local farm-table restaurants. I am easy going and go with the flow of things. I am quite, respectful, and think communication is important. I do not smoke of any kind and would pre-fer a household of the same. I like wine and drink on occasion but only a glass or two.  I like having friends over for dinner every hear and now. I am looking for place that  i can call home!

What are you looking for? You are looking to move in September, correct?

Elizabeth

Offline CeriJones

• Alumni
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2013, 05:14:31 AM »
Hello Lily - Good to hear from you too.  I'm quite excited it seems there are lots of us trying to find places to live.  I'm really easy going and happy to live anywhere that suits.  Just not sure how the best way to arrange things is. 
I'd prefer to discuss bits about me, and options privately over email - I'm on jonesceri@hotmail.com so please drop me a line

Offline CeriJones

• Alumni
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2013, 11:44:17 AM »
So the other girl I've been chatting to about sharing with, has withdrawn her application.  I'm keen to talk to you guys! !!

Offline Juliascott

• Alumni
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2013, 12:44:14 PM »
Hi y'all,

I am super excited to start the nutritional consultant program in Berkeley this fall:) I am just starting the sometimes tedious task of looking for a sunny house with lovely housemates! I only just got back across the pond, and don't know the Bay area at all, so any hints as to housing would be much appreciated! Are some of you forum-ers getting a house together?  Looking forward to meeting you all soon, Julia

Offline CeriJones

• Alumni
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2013, 02:41:02 AM »
Hey guys, just wondering if anyone got themselves sorted or are still looking?  I'll be arriving in Berkeley in 2.5 weeks (I'm just here till March for the Natural Chef programme).  I have accommodation in a BnB booked for a week, then I'll be homeless.  This may sound mad - but how about we find a time and place to meet up for coffee and intros in Berkeley (any time after 12th Sept),  we can then decide if we're a good fit for living together and begin the search!  whoever is up for that let me know!
looking forward to meeting you all
C