Bauman College Programs

Author Topic: Supplement and skin care company Jeunesse  (Read 2151 times)

Offline sandrap714

• Alumni
Supplement and skin care company Jeunesse
« on: September 24, 2013, 07:23:27 PM »
Hello!

I recently came across this company called Jeunesse. They are using stem cell technology to create an anti-aging product line supported with nutritional supplements to help people stay younger more holistically. The results are amazing. Does anyone know about them? If you do what have you heard? Do you recommend them? They are not on the EWG's Skin Deep guide.

I appreciate your help!

Thanks!

Sandra

Offline jodi f.

• Curriculum Consultant
  • Staff
Re: Supplement and skin care company Jeunesse
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2013, 07:44:53 AM »
I went to the website to check out their products, and the first one I looked at, FINITI, has me in shock. Here's the list of ingredients:

Coq-10, Pomegranate Extract, Fucoidan Extract, Purslane Extract, & Beta 1,3/1,6 Glucan, Quercetin, L-Carnosine & Turmeric Extract, Ta-65®Md, Mixed Tocotrienols And Tocopherol Complex (Palm Fruits), Trans-Pterostillbene (Pteropure®), N-Acetylcysteine, Vitamins B6, B12, Folate, & C.
[/size][/color]
Just a list of regular nutrients often found in supplement products. No indication whether the CoQ10, B6, B12, and C are in their most bioavailable forms, either, and no amounts per serving. (I really question companies who make one search hard for these specifics. Raises red flags.) The cost for 120 capsules? $289.95! Their products are all outrageously expensive.

If you choose ingredients from the lists for their skin care products, you can plug individual ones into the EWG database to see if they're toxic.

I think there's a lot of hype here. Remember that health comes from within. Supplements never take the place of diet and lifestyle. There are no magic bullets. I know you know all this, but we all need reminders sometimes. This company's marketing is very impressive, pretty convincing.

Offline sandrap714

• Alumni
Re: Supplement and skin care company Jeunesse
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2013, 10:51:33 AM »
Jodi,

I really appreciate your feedback! This is very helpful.

Best,

Sandra