Bauman College Programs

Author Topic: Organic Paleo Chicken Soup - By Sonja McCord  (Read 2234 times)

Offline sonjam198

• Alumni
Organic Paleo Chicken Soup - By Sonja McCord
« on: February 04, 2014, 12:15:38 PM »
Organic Paleo Chicken Soup
recipe from Sonja McCord
(I also attached a word doc if you would like to print it out).

Ingredients:

1 4-5 lb whole organic chicken
2 cups of organic butternut squash cubed
2 organic celery stalks - chopped
2 medium organic zuchinni - cut in quarters
1 medium organic yellow onion chopped
2 cloves of garlic pressed
2 tbs of organic virgin coconut oil
1 cups of diced organic carrots
2 cups of chopped organic green beans
1 2 cups of chopped organic lacinto kale
Distilled/ Pure water enough to cover the chicken in a big soup pot
Olive Oil for drizzling

Wash the chicken and place in a large soup pot, cover with water and boil on medium to medium high for about one hour and thirty minutes (check to make sure the chicken stays covered with water).
While the chicken is boiling, place a pan on medium heat, add the coconut oil and saute onions, celery and carrots until slightly soft. (add a little water if it gets too dry).  Set aside
After the chicken is finished boiling, take it out of the pot and set it on a plate.  Skim any foam off the top of the broth and check to make sure there are no chicken pieces or bones in the broth.
Cut up the chicken breasts and dark meat into cubes (or you can shred the meat). Return the chicken back to the broth.
Add the butternut squash, the carrot and celery mix, and green beans to the soup. 
Press the garlic into the broth.
Bring the soup to a medium boil and allow the veggies and chicken cook about 25 minutes on a medium boil.
Add the zucchini and kale and cook for another 15 minutes. 
Add sea salt, curry and drizzle a little olive oil in at the last season to taste.

This is a delicious hearty Paleo soup that I came up with several years ago.  All of my friends and family love this during the cold winter months.  It has lean protein, complex carbs, fiber, healthy fat, minerals and vitamins.   Enjoy!

anything