Bauman College Programs

Author Topic: Seeking Career Advice from Health Spa Chefs  (Read 6356 times)

Offline pgarrovillo

• Alumni
Seeking Career Advice from Health Spa Chefs
« on: March 31, 2014, 05:11:36 AM »
Hi, I'm interested in pursuing a career as a Health Spa Chef.  I'd like advice as to what to do.  I have a non-related bachelor's degree and years of work experience.  This would be my "career-change."  I don't have professional kitchen experience. I was wondering if going to Bauman College will be enough to get me a cooking / chef position at a Health Spa upon completing Bauman.  Going to get another BA/BS, MA/MS may financially be difficult.  Community college in Culinary Arts may be a good option if necessary other than or in conjunction with Bauman...but i LOVE the subjects of Bauman's natural chef courses which drew me to this career even more.  I'm driven to succeed, but I want to make sure I make the right steps to get there.  Thank you.

Offline Marsha McLaughlin

• Admissions
  • Staff
Re: Seeking Career Advice from Health Spa Chefs
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2014, 11:27:44 AM »
Hello,

Earning a Bauman College Natural Chef Certificate is the perfect way to attain your goal to become a Health Spa Chef.  Our focus on seasonal, organic, unrefined, and local foods is a natural fit for the Health Spa Business, as well as in Retreat Programs. We are committed to the development of nutrition-based, therapeutic chefs who are artists in food preparation and presentation. Our Natural Chef classes explore a diverse mixture of culinary topics such as alternative food preparation techniques, how spices from world cuisines can benefit health, and therapeutic applications of food to help avoid illness.  Students leave this program having learned a unique approach to the culinary arts and to spread health and wellness through food. The demand for Natural Chefs is increasing as the need for good nutrition and healthy lifestyle choices becomes more apparent. I think the Bauman College Natural Chef Program is the perfect fit for you.

Please don't hesitate to contact me directly if you have any additional questions.

Be well,
Marsha McLaughlin
Admissions Manager
marsha.mclaughlin@baumancollege.org
800-987-7530 x305

anything