Bauman College Programs

Author Topic: Creamy Broccoli Soup that is GF, DF & Delicious!  (Read 1885 times)

Offline Courtney Andrews

Creamy Broccoli Soup that is GF, DF & Delicious!
« on: May 09, 2014, 11:02:53 AM »
Hello All! I love to cook but with 2 toddlers running around, I do not have too much time to spend in the kitchen. I am on a mission to find quick, gluten free, and ideally dairy free, recipes that my children and husband will also like... Here is one of my favorites that is quick, easy and delicious... Do you have any healthy toddler friendly recipes to share?

Serves 6
1 leek finely chopped
1 jalapeno, seeds removed (I use 1/2 since I am cooking for the kids)
4 tablespoons of coconut oil
2 large broccoli heads, coarsely chopped
4 cups veggie stock
salt & pepper to taste

optional- sprinkle Parmesan cheese on soup before serving

in a large pot put 4 tbls coconut oil and turn on to medium heat. Add leeks, jalapeno and a pinch of salt and pepper. saute for about 10 mins, or until leek start to turn golden. Add broccoli and veggie stock and bring to a boil. Once boiling, turn down to simmer and cover with a lid for 20 mins.
Next, let cool and blend in a high speed blender in small batches (it takes me about 3 batches). Place back in pot, heat and serve!

***Be sure that you do not blend hot liquid in your blender, as it will force the top off and liquid will shoot out everywhere!!***

Offline anasuya

• Faculty
Re: Creamy Broccoli Soup that is GF, DF & Delicious!
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2014, 12:50:41 PM »
This is an interesting recipe, I always am curious as to what people do with leeks. I appreciate all the veggies in this and the spiciness of the jalapeno is attractive too. Yum!

Offline ameliev874

• Alumni
Re: Creamy Broccoli Soup that is GF, DF & Delicious!
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2014, 05:30:36 AM »
Hi Courtney,

I loved your creamy broccoli soup recipe and as I make at least one soup a week, I am always looking for new interesting recipes. It was delicious and my kids and husband also loved it!

For your information, I’ve just posted a new recipe on the forum called “My favorite and simple chicken vegetable oven dish”.
http://www.baumancollege.org/forum/index.php/topic,14894.0/topicseen.html
It takes just 10 minutes of prep time, it's healthy and my kids love it!

I hope you’ll enjoy it as well.

Ciao,
Amélie
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 03:37:42 PM by Marlina E »

anything