Bauman College Programs

Author Topic: One batch, 3 Days - Quinoa Burrito Bowl  (Read 1387 times)

Offline laurenm050

One batch, 3 Days - Quinoa Burrito Bowl
« on: June 10, 2014, 11:45:41 AM »
Hello there!

Being short on time, I am always trying new "brown bag" lunch recipes that will keep well in the fridge and also transport well to work.  I love to make a big batch of a grain and mix in veggies and legumes, and whatever else I can to give me that good midday energy boost and also get in some veggie servings. 

Last night I made delicious and easy Vegan Quinoa Burrito Bowls for dinner and made enough of the cooked foods to last me a few days for work lunches.  Here are the ingredients for the "batch" that I made.  I made enough sauteed vegetables for four servings, but have lots of quinoa left over in my fridge for salads later in the week.

- Cooked Quinoa (use 1/2 - 3/4 cup per serving)
- 2-3 bell peppers, sliced long and thin. I mixed yellow and red bell peppers, which adds great color
- 1 white onion, sliced
- Diced fresh tomatoes
- Chopped spinach
- Black beans
- Shredded almond cheese
- Avocado

Instruction:
Saute the bell pepper and onion with one tablespoon of olive oil until soft.  In a separate saucepan, heat cooked black beans. 

To assemble the burrito bowl, start with 1-2 cups chopped spinach and 3/4 cup cooked quinoa.  Add sauteed veggies and warm beans, then top with diced tomatoes, shredded almond cheese, and sliced avocado.  If you like a little more spice, you may want to dice some jalapenos.  Enjoy!
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 12:23:24 PM by laurenm050 »