Bauman College Programs

Author Topic: Natural Skin Care Line  (Read 4064 times)

Offline michelleo239

• Alumni
Natural Skin Care Line
« on: October 07, 2014, 09:18:35 PM »
Hi. I would like to switch from my current chemical-heavy skincare line to one that is more holistic and natural (but still effective for "older" skin).  I am overwhelmed by the selection at places like Whole Foods and Vitamin Cottage and frankly, don't have to time to read all the labels.  If you are using something fabulous and effective, please save me time and let me know!  I'd rather get a referral than fumble in the dark.

Thanks.
Michelle
Fort Collins, CO

Offline ramazb338

Re: Natural Skin Care Line
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2014, 04:08:12 AM »
Hello Michelle,
I'm looking for a good, natural, and chemical-free skin care products, too. My skin is very sensitive and can't tolerate conventional skin care products. Meanwhile, I'm using a simple and very effective remedy for my skin. I'm using yogurt and I'm seeing amazing results. Generally, I cover my face with a layer of yogurt (whole fat yogurt), after it dries, I either reapply the yogurt, or rub my face using the dried yogurt as a scrub. After that, I soak a cotton ball in rose water and apply it to my face. You can also mix some  rose water with yogurt. Rosa water can be found at whole foods, but make sure it is "rose water" not "blossom water".  I do this almost everyday while I'm cooking dinner, my skin never felt good.
Hope this works for you. If you found a natural line of skin care products, please let me know.

Thanks,
Ramaz

Offline StaceeNov

• Faculty
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2014, 09:08:34 AM »
One great resource to find the best skin care is: http://www.ewg.org/skindeep.  This will give you information on many products that have been tested and have the least amount of chemicals or other irritants.  Personally I also have very sensitive skin and find that coconut oil helps a great deal to keep my skin clear and moist.  I also use Andalou Naturals Apricot Probiotic Cleansing Milk (available at Natural Grocers) that is rated a 1 on this website and works well as a facial cleanser.  There are some products in this brand that are rated higher (worse) on this website, so you may have to do some investigating.  But remember everyone's skin is different so hopefully the deep skin website will help lead you to a great product that will work for you!

Offline Nori

• Faculty
    • Radiant Vitality
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2014, 01:05:37 PM »
A member of the NANP community launched this product line, which I am currently trying out. The ingredients looks quite clean and healthy, the results thus far very good:

http://sexyyoungeryou.com/skin/

I am also a fan of Grateful Body based in Berkeley. 
Nori M. Hudson, BA, MS
Instructor, Bauman College, Berkeley
Board Certified in Holistic Nutrition by and Registered with NANP
Certified Diet Counselor, Nutrition Educator,  Nutrition Consultant, and Nutrition Teacher through Bauman College

Offline solad078

• Alumni
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2015, 05:01:03 PM »
I am an independent consultant for Beautycounter.  Beautycounter was launched in March of 2013 by a concerned mother.  Beautycounter uses only safe ingredients and has the strictest ingredient screening process in the industry, and the products are designed to perform as well as any high-end product on the market.  Please check my website at soladido.beautycounter.com for more information.

Offline carissab367

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2015, 09:53:43 PM »
Hi Michelle,

I wholeheartedly recommend LUSH products. https://www.lush.com/ They are based in Vancouver, BC, and have shops all over North America. Their products are made using fresh, whole foods and essential oils. Most of their products are literally edible (and sometimes taste delicious)! I have sensitive, oily skin, and have found so many wonderful and helpful products there. The staff are so friendly and helpful, and give lots of samples and in-store demos! Plus, they are Eco conscious and work hard as a company to leave a light footprint. I hope this helps you! Let me know if you try any of their products :)

Carissa   
Carissa Breen
Nutrition Consultant Program

Offline christinew582

• Alumni
    • Coco Knows
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2015, 11:12:29 PM »
Just want to throw in this link that sheds light on Lush cosmetics and their deceptive "natural ingredients." http://ecocult.com/2015/greenwashing-alert-lush-cosmetics/ Scroll down to the "Toxic Ingredients" heading.

My focus is on nutrition as it relates to skin/beauty. I wrote a blog post about effective, science-backed skincare products and include directions on how you can make your own vitamin C serum that's more effective, safer and way cheaper than anything you can buy over the counter. http://cocoknows.com/2014/04/22/coco-knows-pretty-diy-100-face-serum/

I agree that the Whole Foods aisle can be completely overwhelming!
www.CocoKnows.com
Facebook.com/cocoknowsitall
Twitter.com/cocoknowsitall

Offline kumarakealani

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2015, 07:31:58 PM »
Aloha Michelle! May I suggest The Body Deli? My 65 year young Auntie swears by it and I must say her skin looks fabulous. Another option, one of my favorites, is Eminence Organics which I could get wholesale for you at the International Esthetics Convention  :D

Happy Hunting!

anything