Bauman College Programs

Author Topic: More Gluten Free dessert recipes!  (Read 1375 times)

Offline morgano334

• Alumni
More Gluten Free dessert recipes!
« on: October 13, 2014, 09:41:13 PM »
Paleo Sweet Potato Brownies:
Paleo and Gluten Free

I really love sweet potatoes, so when I get the chance to add them to a dessert I am overly thrilled. If you're not a huge fan of sweet potatoes, like my roommate you may still enjoy these as the sweet potato flavor is very subtle!

1 large cooked sweet potato (skin removed)
cup melted coconut oil
⅓ cup raw honey or maple syrup
3 eggs
teaspoon vanilla extract
3 tablespoons coconut flour
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
teaspoon baking powder
teaspoon cinnamon
pinch of salt
cup Dark Chocolate Chips

I first bake my sweet potato in the oven at 375 for over an hour (I like it to be really done and soft, as I notice this is when it's the sweetest). I remove the skin mash it in a bowl and let it cool. I then add all the wet ingredients to this bowl, make sure when measuring the coconut oil it is already melted. I have used both maple syrup and raw honey with great results! In another bowl I mix together the dry ingredients. Then mix together dry and wet ingredients and put it in an 8x8 greased baking dish. Cook at 350 for 30 minutes and voila!
I have also replaced the sweet potato for pumpkin in this recipe with great results!
Recipe adapted from PaleOMG

Chickpea Blondies
Vegan and Gluten Free

Don't be scared away by chickpeas in a sweet treat! If you like ooey gooey blondies, these will make you happy!

2 cups chickpeas (I have used sprouted before, but you can use organic not salted 15oz can)
1/2 cup raw organic almond butter
1/3 cup pure maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/3 cup vegan chocolate chips (I've used Enjoy Life)

I just throw all the ingredients, except for the chocolate chips into my Vitamix and mix until combined. I then add the chocolate chips and put the batter into a coconut oil greased 8x8 baking sheet. I cook it at 350 for about 25 minutes, and then try not to eat the whole batch :)

anything