Bauman College Programs

Author Topic: Thrive Market - affordable healthy non-perishables  (Read 1672 times)

Offline heatherl002

• Alumni
    • Holistic Nutrition Ninja
Thrive Market - affordable healthy non-perishables
« on: February 14, 2015, 04:02:30 PM »
I discovered a new way to get some healthy items at a better price than you'll find at places like Wholefoods.  It's called Thrive Market, it's online like Amazon, and it does require an annual membership fee, like Costco.  However, for every member who pays the fee, they donate a membership to a low income family.  They're basically the non-perishable part of a health food store; they have seeds, oils, supplements, body care, etc.  They strive to only carry items that meet high standards of quality, and they deliver to your door.  Everything is 30-50% off retail. (No I don't work for them and I don't get a commission if you join)  But, all orders over $49 are free shipping, so even if you only get a moderate amount of items from them, it saves you.  My husband I joined and we love it!  I was able to get a 13 oz jar of ghee for 7.95!

Check it out  https://thrivemarket.com/

To good health,
Heather Lee
To good health,
Heather Lee

Offline MaureenM

• Alumni
Re: Thrive Market - affordable healthy non-perishables
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2015, 01:38:33 PM »
Thanks! This is a great resource for clients who live remotely and for people who can't get out to shop. And, it's all very affordable in comparison to Whole Foods and New leaf, just like you said

Offline Marlina E

• Associate Director
  • Administrator
    • Bauman College Online
Re: Thrive Market - affordable healthy non-perishables
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2015, 04:31:18 PM »
Another awesome resource is Vitacost.com.....no fee, free shipping over $49 and a bunch of natural products, housewares, etc.....at big discounts.   They compare to Thrive....but Thrive is not yet as built out or as user friendly....I checked them out, but am sticking with Vitacost.

If you are interested, use this link and you will get $10 off your first order of $30+
http://goo.gl/6Ap9vg

I buy a lot from them...since the shipping is always free (cuz I order over $49) I order heavy things as well....like dish soap, toilet bowl cleaner....these are all natural products....

Nowadays my orders come within 1 day! 

I know, I know...support local stores...which I do also, but I can't help but benefit from the savings from Vitacost.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 04:35:21 PM by Marlina E »
BA Environmental Studies UCSB
Nutrition Consultant

anything