Bauman College Programs

Author Topic: Bauman vs. Traditional College University.  (Read 5418 times)

Offline MelissaR

Bauman vs. Traditional College University.
« on: March 02, 2015, 07:26:11 PM »
Hello all!

First, I'd like to say that this is a great forum.  A lot of topics already posted have answered many of my questions. 

I did find a similar subject to what I am going to ask, but not exactly. 

I am very interested in the Nutrition Consultant program with Bauman in Boulder, CO., as I am very passionate about HOLISTIC nutrition/supplements for mind, body, healing and prevention.

I know that with a traditional university there are dietitian programs, and I guess I'm trying to figure out; if I were to pursue a dietitian degree, would I then need to follow that up with a holistic nutrition certification?  I figure probably so.  So then, is a dietitian degree even necessary to work in the holistic nutrition field?  I figure no degree is a BAD thing...but of course it is years longer to obtain. My fiance believes that degrees are everything.  I however, believe in certifications as well as degrees, and that 4 year universities are not for everyone.  I think I could be successful in the holistic nutrition field with a proper certification, minus a college dietitian degree. 

Thoughts?

Offline Marsha McLaughlin

• Admissions
  • Staff
Re: Bauman vs. Traditional College University.
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2015, 12:44:53 PM »
Hi Melissa,
I'm glad that you are enjoying, and finding helpful, our Bauman College Forum. I'm happy to hear that you have found some answers to your questions regarding the different educational/career pathways between a Dietetic Degree Program and our Nutrition Consultant Certificate Program.

A degree in Dietetics is not required to work in the holistic nutrition field. A Certificate of Completion as a Bauman College Nutrition Consultant will qualify you to work in the field of nutrition in most states.  A degree is not necessary.

Bauman College Nutrition Consultant students learn how to use whole organic foods, nutritive herbs, and appropriate supplementation to promote health, restore metabolic balance, and support recovery from injury and illness. The Bauman College Nutrition Consultant Program teaches an in-depth study of the foundations of nutrition and therapeutic applications. Our philosophy encompasses a whole-foods approach to nutrition, as well as an individualized approach. 

The Bauman College Nutrition Consultant Program is a 700 hour in-depth education that will prepare you to work in the field.  You will also have the option of becoming Board Certified in Holistic Nutrition after graduation.

The choice between a becoming a certified Nutrition Consultant or a Dietician is a personal one.  During your research you most likely noticed the obvious differences between each ones dietary philosophy and approach.  I hope I was able to help you to make the best decision based on your own philosophy and career goals.

Be sure to contact me if you would like to talk in more depth.
Be well,
Marsha McLaughlin
Bauman College Admissions Manager

Offline MelissaR

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2015, 06:34:24 PM »
Very helpful, thank you Marsha!  I plan on setting up an in person meeting soon. :)

Offline Marsha McLaughlin

• Admissions
  • Staff
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2015, 01:42:13 PM »
Great news! Here is the link to our appointment scheduler.  You can complete an Advising Appointment in person at one of our locations or by phone. http://www.booknow.so/BCappointment
Be well,
Marsha