Bauman College Programs

Author Topic: A great start to every day........Organic Vegan Muesli Breakfast  (Read 1941 times)

Offline stephanied671

The great thing about this breakfast is that it provides a well balanced meal and is very satisfying It can be made way ahead of time. (I make mine with 7 small jars ready for the week ahead- on a Sunday morning, whilst baking other goodies)

To start:
Organic sunflower milk

I generally make about a mason jar of this, about every 3-4 days for freshness and keep it in the fridge.

1 cup of organic sunflower seeds (shelled)
3 cups of filtered or spring water.
1 pinch of Himalayan salt
Sweetening if necessary- 2 dates or tsp of honey

Blend until smooth and creamy, sieve into a jar and cover, refrigerate.

Organic Vegan Muesli

30 grams of the following seeds and nuts, place in a small, clean mason jar, of as many as you wish to make ahead of time.
Sunflower seeds
Pumpkin seeds
Almonds
Hazelnuts
Brazil nuts
Rolled Rye or Oats
chia seeds

Store jars in a moderate temperature shelf until required.  The evening prior to breakfast, add spring water to soak to cover them, add about an inch or so above the top of the seeds to allow for swelling.  Next morning, place a strainer cover on the mason jar and discard the water, rinse with fresh filtered or spring water and strain again. 

Add your sunflower milk, berries and hemp and ground flax seed topping (1 tablespoon) If you are travelling, this can be carried in the jar until you can stop and enjoy it.

And enjoy!

Stephanie Deaton

Offline marildal834

Re: A great start to every day........Organic Vegan Muesli Breakfast
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2015, 03:52:47 PM »
Hi Stephanie,

it sounds very delicious, I will try.

Thanks for sharing it.

Marilda

Offline georgias723

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2015, 09:22:11 AM »
This sounds amazing!  Do you soak the sunflowers before you blend to make the milk?

Offline lisas872

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2015, 06:59:08 PM »
Sounds complicated...?

anything