Bauman College Programs

Linked Events

• The Bitter Truth: Making & Mixing Homemade Bitters: November 06, 2015

Author Topic: The Bitter Truth: Making & Mixing Homemade Bitters  (Read 2055 times)

Offline TanyaS

• Alumni
The Bitter Truth: Making & Mixing Homemade Bitters
« on: October 28, 2015, 11:40:26 PM »
I will be teaching this class through the Institute of Urban Homesteading, and the best way to register is through their website.  Description of class is below and they have my bio on their site as well.  Just for a brief intro, I've been an herbalist for over 20 years and have a line of over 17 different bitter blends.  Come check it out!!

http://www.iuhoakland.com/calendar.html

Instructor: Tanya StillerLocation: BerkeleyCost: $40-70 sliding scale plus $15 supply feeCome learn the basic methods of small-batch artisanal bitter brewing. Experiment with different flavor profiles and fashion your own signature blend while learning several tried and true recipes. We will discuss the medicinal benefits of bitter herbs, spices and botanicals, and the digestive issues they can help remedy. We will go into the history of apertifs, digestifs and consider what cocktails and beverages pair best with different bitters. Come get your Mixology on.
I hope to see you there!!

Offline Nori

• Faculty
    • Radiant Vitality
Re: The Bitter Truth: Making & Mixing Homemade Bitters
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2015, 08:03:48 AM »
Just a note: This will be on Friday, November 6.  The price is right for all you will learn!
Nori M. Hudson, BA, MS
Instructor, Bauman College, Berkeley
Board Certified in Holistic Nutrition by and Registered with NANP
Certified Diet Counselor, Nutrition Educator,  Nutrition Consultant, and Nutrition Teacher through Bauman College

Offline lynnf995

Re: The Bitter Truth: Making & Mixing Homemade Bitters
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2015, 11:47:32 PM »
I trying to get time off to go! Have been to the urban homestead before. Its a blessing in the city. Right now I'm reading Greens, Herbal medicine handbook