Bauman College Programs

Author Topic: Help with hot flashes - but not really hot flashes?  (Read 1111 times)

Offline linlinda

• Alumni
Help with hot flashes - but not really hot flashes?
« on: March 03, 2017, 03:48:51 PM »
Hi Everyone,

A good friend of mine, female age 30, in good health has been experiencing weird symptoms in the afternoon for over a year now. She says she gets almost flu-like and unusually hot in the afternoons and sometimes feels fatigue. She went to see a naturopath over a year ago and it was recommended that she get off her birth control pills -which she did. Fast forward a year and half later, she is still experiencing these symptoms. She has a pretty clean diet. sleeps very well at night 9 hours and drinks a lot of water.

Any ideas or recommendations?

Offline Nori

• Faculty
    • Radiant Vitality
Re: Help with hot flashes - but not really hot flashes?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2017, 08:21:41 AM »
I wonder if she could check her pulse rate before and after her afternoon troubles. In 102.4 you will learn about the pulse test for checking responses to foods, which is what I am thinking.  What does she eat for Breakfast and Lunch?  Are these foods allergenic for her? 

Another thing to have her do is chart her body temperature for 3 consecutive days, starting with her second day of bleeding in her menstrual cycle.  Dr. Broda Barnes, MD describes average temperatures >98.2 may be from hyperthyroid and <97.8 from hypothyroid activity. 

Lastly, does she have regular meals that keep her blood sugar balanced?  Hypoglycemia can induce a stress response that can tax the body, presenting with symptoms like hers. 

Let us know what you learn.

Nori M. Hudson, BA, MS
Instructor, Bauman College, Berkeley
Board Certified in Holistic Nutrition by and Registered with NANP
Certified Diet Counselor, Nutrition Educator,  Nutrition Consultant, and Nutrition Teacher through Bauman College