Bauman College Programs

Author Topic: Nutrition Podcasts  (Read 2911 times)

Offline katiei

• Alumni
Nutrition Podcasts
« on: November 06, 2017, 08:01:21 AM »
Hello! I was wondering what everyone's favorite podcasts are that talk about nutrition and wellness? I commute 2 hours round trip during the week, so podcasts have been a life saver. My current favorites are:

The Paleo Solution Podcast by Robb Wolf
Harder to Kill Radio by Steph Gaudreau
Balanced Bites Podcast by Diane Sanfilippo and Liz Wolfe
Healthy Moms Podcast by Wellness Mama

I would love to hear more recommendations! Thank you!

Offline kristennash

Re: Nutrition Podcasts
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2017, 06:00:23 AM »
OH! That commute!!!

Check our Chris Kresser's podcast: Revolution Health Radio.
Also, for business inspiration I've been listening to The MFCEO Project!

Offline katiei

• Alumni
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2017, 07:45:29 AM »
Thanks for the recommendations. I've listened to podcasts where Chris Kresser was being interviewed and enjoyed listening to them. I'll definitely check these out!

Offline denaloijosedwards

• Alumni
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2017, 09:17:24 AM »
Hello!

I listen to all those podcasts that you mentioned.  A few others that I enjoy are Primal Potential and The Keto Diet Podcast.  Regardless of whether you are paleo or keto or not, both of these podcasts are produced by really smart women, have great information, science and value to add to your repertoire. 

:)
Dena
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 09:21:35 AM by denaloijosedwards »

Offline katiei

• Alumni
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2017, 01:45:38 PM »
I will be sure to check those out, too! Thank you! I tend to lean more towards a paleo way of eating and am definitely interested in keto. I appreciate the suggestions. I can definitely get in a rut listening to the same ones!

Offline mariaapa

• Alumni
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2018, 01:14:23 PM »
I'll definitely listen to some of these podcasts!

I enjoy listening to the Psychology of Eating podcast:

http://psychologyofeating.com/podcasts/

They usually have some tips to overcome emotional eating and to maintain a healthy lifestyle in general.

Offline janinegee

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2018, 05:31:41 PM »
Hi Katiei, I'm a huge podcast person too, and look forward to checking out some of your favorites. One I've been listening to lately that helps me to balance out some of the more science minded and particular eating style focused podcasts is Christy Harrison's Food Psych https://christyharrison.com/foodpsych/

She's a Registered Dietician coming from the Intuitive Eating, Body Positive and Health at Every Size (HAES) perspective. I find it to be a good balance of reminding me about our pervasive diet culture, and that food should be something that nourishes us both physically and emotionally. And a big part of that is feeling really connected to the food we eat, enjoying food with a sense of community and eating with our particular health needs and goals in mind.

Hope you find ways to enjoy your commute!
Janine

« Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 05:37:49 PM by janinegee »

Offline katiei

• Alumni
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2018, 01:52:25 PM »
Thank you both for the recommendations! I will have to add those to my list :)

Offline rachelespana

• Alumni
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2018, 12:04:37 PM »
Hi Katie,

Thank you for posting this question - Iím always on the lookout for new podcasts to listen to, as well! A recent one that Iíve been enjoying is Real Talk with Dana.

Itís a newer podcast so there arenít many episodes yet but some nutrition & health topics she has covered are: diet culture, adrenal fatigue, leaky gut, food intolerances, and macros.

I think she does an amazing job breaking down the science and explaining things in a way that is relatable and easy to understand. Sheís honest and direct which really holds my interest when I listen, although she does drop some F-bombs so just a heads up!

Offline floralee

• Alumni
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2018, 07:19:53 PM »
Hi Katie,

Hope your commute has been more enjoyable with the podcast recommendations to help pass the time.  Thank you for sharing them also.  I am looking forward to check out your podcast recommendations and all the other ones.   

I have been listening to Learn True Health podcast with Ashley James.   She is a Health Coach and Reiki Master to name a few.  In her podcast, she interviews doctors and holistic health experts on different health topics.  Hope you find her podcast enjoyable.   

« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 07:27:16 PM by floralee »

Offline katiei

• Alumni
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2018, 03:21:50 PM »
Thank you! I just added Learn True Health to my list. I almost need a longer commute to listen to all of these great podcasts!

Offline lukenelsongrua

• Alumni
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2018, 08:20:49 AM »
Dr Rhonda Patrick (PHD in Nutrition) very science/research-focused on the role of specific micronutrients & how different foods affect the body - https://www.foundmyfitness.com/episodes.  Also, Sustainable Dish, registered dietician who lives on a small farm in the northeast, focused on where/how we source our foods - https://sustainabledish.com/podcasts/

Thanks for asking this question, I'm a podcast fanatic and there are so many suggestions here!

Offline katiei

• Alumni
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2018, 03:17:45 PM »
Those are great recommendations as well! I've heard both Dr. Patrick and Diana Rogers being interviewed on other podcasts, but haven't gotten around to listening to their own podcasts. I also follow both of them on social media. Thanks for the reminder! And I am glad you like the post...there have been some great recommendations!

Offline martinabergstrom

• Alumni
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2018, 07:25:14 AM »
Hey! Another great one that hasn't been mentioned yet is The Ultimate Health Podcast- they cover a wide variety of health and wellness topics and dive deep into mindset and emotional health as well.

Offline katiei

• Alumni
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2018, 02:01:49 PM »
Thanks for the recommendation! I haven't come across that one before. I will have to add it to my ever-growing list of recommendations :)

anything