Bauman College Programs

Author Topic: Thoughts About Spiritual, Mental, Emotional, and Physical Balance  (Read 901 times)

Offline karasteffens

• Alumni
I believe that living the highest quality of this life requires care and attention of our spiritual, physical, emotional, and mental realms. The ways in which we choose to nourish ourselves is a direct portrayal of the balance or imbalances that are present. For the last two years or so I have been practicing meditation and yoga, and journaling daily. Combinations of the three has allowed me to get to know myself better, my habits, my tendencies, and the ways in which I choose to deal or not deal with situations in my life. Feeling in alignment is reassurance that I am flowing the right direction regardless of knowing exactly what it is I should be doing. I moved to Oakland from Arizona recently to further my education in holistic nutrition because the world needs healing. I am on a journey of simplicity and wholesome abundance. In the recent weeks I have swung into well of lower vibration and it is has definitely set me off. I attribute some of the disparity to recently coming off hormonal birth control and the other to the massive thread of change I feel is greatly apart of peopleís lives at the moment. The intensity that I feel anotherís energy can be a lot to filter sometimes.
   I am curious to adopt new ways of doing things and love to connect with people that are equally as invigorated by the pure magic of this life. So to all of you out there reading this, what are some tools, practices, and ways you going about establishing balance within your life? What is the thing you turn to remind you why you chose to do something in the first place, to remind you of your intentions?
Happy to hear anything ☺

Offline rachelespana

• Alumni
Re: Thoughts About Spiritual, Mental, Emotional, and Physical Balance
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2018, 02:11:10 PM »
Hi Kara,

I think itís amazing you have a strong base already with yoga, journaling, and meditation.

When Iím feeling out of balance, I like to get out in nature. There are so many great hikes in the Bay Area that donít take that long to get to, but make me feel like I am far, far away from the city and all the people and the stressors there! It helps me tune back in with myself.

I hope this helps :)

Rachel

Offline ronimoland

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2018, 09:29:13 PM »
Hi Kara,

Welcome to  California! I think it is so important to establish balance between your core values/beliefs. Finding balance in each and being able to bring my spiritual, mental, emotional knowledge together created the foundation for balance in my life. They service as "cornerstones". I think it's so amazing how they all tie into one another and how strong it makes a person when they begin to really invest in their overall wellness.

I am a reiki practitioner and I completed a 12 week rights of passage that focused on healing thy self.  So I use the methods from these teachings. Meditating, doing things with intention. making time for myself. I make sure to check any negative self talk and surround myself with affirmations. I also use grounding methods. Grounding is reconnecting to the Earth or the Source. you can do this by going into nature, my favorite is sticking my feet in the grass and feeling it between my toes. Also sitting near trees and feeling their energy as well. I try to exercise regularly and be kind and forgiving of myself.  learning how to reprogram the mind so that life is always seen as full.

It's a beautiful journey of self love and understanding. Continued blessings on your journey.

Offline anasuya

• Faculty
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2018, 11:21:55 AM »
Personal growth and spiritual practices have been a big part of my life for decades. I appreciate all the ways you mentioned to connect with nature as I've found this is a huge part of staying in balance. We are nature, so nature has all the answers for us in times of need or times of calm. There are many ways to activate our awareness of this, and no 'right' way. I love wildlife tracking, listening to birds, gardening and going barefoot. Sitting in nature several times a week and using my senses to stay in the present moment is an amazing practice.

I appreciate that Eating for Health is different than Eating for Recovery because it includes self compassion and self awareness instead of self-judgment and criticism. The practices that you mention really help us embody the Eating for Health way more fully.

Offline devonamcclinton

• Alumni
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2018, 10:28:42 AM »
Hi Kara - welcome to the Bay Area!

I applaud you for being so in tune with your energy and for seeking additional aways to raise your vibration.  When I'm feeling low, I meditate.  I release negative self talk  or any negative experiences that I've taken ownership of somewhere along the way and replace it with positive affirmations for uplifting, empowerment  and encouragement.

However, recently what has been working really well for me is to return to nature and grounding.    There are so may peaceful trails to go for hikes, or quiet parks where you can sit and rub your bare feet in the grass and soak up the sun!  I'm a member an a hiking group.  If ever you want to join to  experience the wonderful  hidden gems and meet really cool like minded people let me know!

In the meantime I'm sending you positive thoughts and love and light!

Offline belleluzuriaga

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2018, 02:44:19 PM »
Hi Kara - welcome to the California!

Like you, I did a cross country move from Atlanta to Oakland about three years ago, and it is not easy. The weather, the people, the food, the economy,  the culture and mentality are totally different. Finding balance in all these and adapting to all the changes can be stressful. I admire your intentions in finding new ways to raise your energy and vibration by finding ways to get back on track. When I feel down, I go back to nature (and the East Bay has a lot to offer).  I turn to music and listen to every word of the lyrics more intently than I usually would. I try to solve jigsaw puzzles until I get hungry. I sleep until I run out of dreams. I would volunteer to babysit kids just so I get an understanding of how beautiful life is no matter what.

I do a lot of other things... and all this I do even when I am not down. Not because I have everything but because it makes me happy.

I hope you find the balance you are looking for. The universe is rooting for you and all the good vibes there is!

Belle

anything