Bauman College Programs

Author Topic: Cleanse/fasting  (Read 961 times)

Offline brittneydaubert

• Alumni
Cleanse/fasting
« on: June 06, 2018, 01:34:49 PM »
Hello, I am currently looking into starting a short cleanse or fast but need some advice or opinions as to what I should do. This would be my first ever cleanse and looked into blessedherbs.com 5 day cleanse and noticed that they allow you to eat normally on it. Does anyone have any opinions on this cleanse? Would you recommend it? Or would you reccomend something else?

Thank you!!

Offline jessicacarroll

• Alumni
Re: Cleanse/fasting
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2018, 07:18:05 PM »
Hi Brittney!
I think periodic cleansing is wonderful for our systems! Even if we eat really clean, there are always pollutants, pesticides, and stresses sneaking into our body.
I do the "Master Cleanse" once or twice a year. It lasts one to two weeks, but can be utilized in shorter bursts as well! The concoction is, for every 8 oz water, add 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice, 2 tbsp maple syrup, and 1/10th tsp cayenne (can be amended slightly to taste). It tastes like a spicy lemonade.  You drink it all day, at least 8-12 glasses a day, and in the meantime do something to keep your colon cleansing, whether laxative teas or saltwater flushes. If you're interested in this cleanse, "Staying Healthy with the Seasons" is a great book that goes into the specifics.
Another option would be to spend 3-5 days eating just raw, organic fruits and vegetables! That cleanses your system beautifully and is a cleanse I have done in the past when I only have a few days to spend on it and just feel like I need to kick my health up a notch.
Hope any of that helps! I would love to hear about what you decide to do and how it goes!
Best in health,
Jessica

Offline kimberlychampion

• Alumni
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2018, 04:33:50 AM »
Hi Brittney.
I am just finishing up a cleanse/d-tox.  I am not sure you would consider it short as it does last 12 days.  It is the Wild Rose Herbal D-Tox manufactured by Garden of Life but originated in Canada.
I began the cleanse as it was recommended by a colleague who does it each summer.  It appealed to me because you can still eat real food and plenty of it.  In fact, it follows along quite nicely with the Eating for Health model I am learning about while studying at Bauman College.  You are encouraged to eat whole and plant-based food.  There is a most recommended and then allowable list to follow.  Additionally, you take some herbal capsules and drops in the am and pm.
I feel pretty good however I my face has broken out which is normal they say as you release toxins and I have a metallic taste in mouth which is causing me to crave sweets.
The timing for me on this cleanse could not have been better as I began it 2 days before I started coursework so I am able to be learning about the “why” while completing the cleanse.  I have more energy.  I am finding myself accomplishing more. Yes, it is 12 days and tomorrow is my last day but I do think it is certainly doable with some profound benefits.  It definitely threw me into the whole and plant-based food arena with great support.

Offline mattoconnor

• Alumni
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2018, 08:03:41 PM »
Britney,

That is great you are considering a cleanse.  It’s one of the best things you can do for yourself. Despite you wanting to do a short 5 day regiment, the cleanse I have in mind is a bit  longer-- 14 days.  However, that does not mean you can’t tinker with the cleanse to suit your lifestyle needs.  The one I highly recommend is the EJUVA herbal intestinal cleanse....www.ejuva.com.  It’s a cleanse that gained a great amount of notoriety among the raw food movement in the early 2000s.  Ejuva consists of Chinese, Ayurvedic, and Western herbs and is the only cleansing program in the world that approaches physiological elimination and cleansing from a balanced Western, Ayurvedic, and Chinese medicine point of view.  In completing the cleanse several months ago, my weight diminished to the 140-150lb. range and energy levels were very close to optimal.     A close friend recommended the cleanse because of its “gentleness” and his ability to maintain a structured work schedule.  The Ejuva program is a 4 phase cleanse that can be done in 12 days( 3days per phase) or up to 30 days to loosen and eliminate toxic material gradually and lessen its negative impact on the body.  The foods that are recommended to eat that do not interfere with the body’s ability to eliminate toxins and waste products are raw, fresh, organic fruits and vegetables.  As you move through each phase you are eating 1 less meal.   Also, you are taking herbals supplements throughout each phase. You also incorporate juicing into the later phases. I personally juiced with Granny Smith apples since they have the lowest glycemic index in the apple family.  Britney, if I can be of any help please let me know.  I am a new student with a nursing background.  best of luck,  Matt

anything