Bauman College Programs

Author Topic: Food Issues in America  (Read 409 times)

Offline robertjamesliakos

• Student
Food Issues in America
« on: November 25, 2018, 06:42:37 PM »
I wanted to share this information from an assignment we were given in the Nutrition Consultant Program. It is a very important issue to me, I hope you enjoy reading and share it with family and friends.
Organized food crime designed for profit at the expense of the entire human race and nature is one issue in our current food supply. I hear constantly how all the large companies are so powerful and that there is nothing we can do to change what is taking place. I don't understand this logic; these companies are made up of 2, 3, 4, 10 or even 100 people who put their pants on the same way you and I do! Why have we not demanded and put a stop to this madness? And yes, it takes education and then action to make changes so let's educate and legislate. I think as a society we have been asleep long enough!

100 years ago… 1918… there was a book written by Alfred W. McCann THE SCIENCE OF EATING.

Some contents of the book explore the following topics:

CHAPTER ONE: THE HUMAN SCRAP HEAP IS PILING HIGHER

CHAPTER TWO: TWO KINDS OF FOOD—THE CONSTRUCTIVE-THE DESTRUCTIVE

CHAPTER THREE: WHY MODERN REFINING PROCESSES ARE MORE DEADLY THAN WAR

CHAPTER SIX: HOW “BUSINESS” MUZZLES TRUTH

CHAPTER EIGHT: PREVENTABLE TRAGEDIES OF MILK AND MEAT

CHAPTER NINE: WHAT THE WORLD SHOULD KNOW OF THE MYSTERIES OF FOOD"...

“The author has acquired his knowledge of food conditions in America through years of service “on the inside,” behind the screens.

“The advertising manager,” he declares, “cannot state the whole truth in a food advertising campaign for the reason that the manufactures insist that their advertisements shall center about the talking points that will sell their products, always keeping clear of controversy. The chief function of the advertising manager is not to educate the masses but to popularize the product he is paid to exploit.”

In Mr. McCann’s opinion, it will be a long time before Congress will successfully grapple with the facts which he now outlines in detail.

It is his belief that the work must be done in the schools, that our American children must be taught the meaning of depraved foods, that they must learn how foods are processed, bleached, colored, sifted, bolted, denatured, degerminated, demineralized, chemically treated and refined; that they must be taught the relationship of foodless food to sickness and death; that they must be taught the relationship of natural food to health and life.”

Another article written in 2017 by Sean Crossey with Food Safety Tech... FST Soapbox ... titled 5 Problems Facing the Global Food Supply Chain stated that: "A joint initiative by EUROPOL and INTERPOL last year led to the largest ever seizure of fake and adulterated projects. This project known as OPSONV resulted in 11,000 tons and 1,440,000 liters of hazardous fake food and drink seized across 57 countries."

We must demand better from those we trust with our food supply and in all ares of our life. We must stop mindlessly buying food stuff products and start questioning and reading all labels. If you cannot read it and understand what it says, don't buy it! We must transition from eating unconsciously and emotionally for pleasure and start eating for health and life. We must educate and help people wake up to the fact that food is truly more precious than gold or silver.

Offline grangerlobb

• Student
Re: Food Issues in America
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2018, 07:37:54 AM »
I fully agree that we need to start making food and where it comes from a priority in our classrooms. If we start there giving the children the tools they need to make the right choices they will make them. Not giving them the tools and expecting them to make the right choices or make changes as they mature is our fault not theirs . Many people have a disconnect with food, they do not relize the prepackaged meat in the food stores came from a living creature that suffered . The meat industry does not tell the consumer about the atrocities in a slaughterhouse or the drugs and unnatural foods they feed them to speed growth and weight . If people knew what the plastic wrapped Styrofoam package under the bright lights really cost I could not see people purchasing them. Look at the happy cow face on a carton of milk as an example. Cows in a constant state of pregnancy to keep the milk flowing, taking the calves from there mothers and almost immediately artificially inseminating them again to keep them  lactating . Knowledge is power, make people aware of the truth and they will do what is right.