Bauman College Programs

Author Topic: Strawberry Smoothie  (Read 466 times)

Offline liliavalitova

• Student
Strawberry Smoothie
« on: April 05, 2019, 01:34:36 PM »
I like to drink this smoothie in the morning and sometimes during the day. Taste, smell and color of strawberries brings lots of joy and energy. Avocado makes the texture of smoothie creamy. Sometimes I change couple of ingredients, but most of the time I am trying to keep the recipe simple.

Ingredients:

2 bananas

1 cup strawberries

1/2 cup almonds

1 avocado with a seed

1/2 tbsp chia seeds

2 cups filtered water

1 tbsp raw "Manuka" honey

2 raw  egg yolks

Offline liliavalitova

• Student
Re: Strawberry Smoothie
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2019, 08:32:05 PM »
I heard that many people like strawberry and many foods made with strawberries.
In particular, I noticed when I wanted to buy my favorite raw organic strawberry pie in a restaurant I like, it was often sold out. Now I know for sure, that many people like strawberry as a food and as an ingredient in a recipe also. So, it is not only MY favorite food.
I think that I am addicted to the strawberry and I was not aware of my addiction before I made this post. My questions:

Is there any particular connection between our favorite food we like and the food addiction?

How can we distinguish between favorite food we like to eat and addictions?

Offline Laura Knoff

• Faculty
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2019, 05:13:16 PM »
An addiction is the compulsive, out-of-control use of a substance that produces  unpleasant withdrawal effects. Do strawberries make you feel awful a few hours after eating them? Do you suffer withdrawal symptoms if you don't have them every few hours or every day? if not, that is not an addiction, just a preference (or true love). Perhaps strawberries provide you with some nutrients you need. Relax and enjoy fresh organic strawberries in seasonalong with a wide variety of whole foods.
Bachelor of Science, Chemistry
Certified Nutrition Consultant, Nutrition Instructor, Nutrition Educator and Diet Counselor
Board Certified in Holistic Nutrition and Registered with NANP
Nutrition Educator and Nutrition Consultant Instructor at Bauman College since 2000

Offline BoooD4455

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2019, 01:05:32 AM »
Looks Great! I like smoothie and will try)
I know one delicious recipe of the smoothie too - https://greenann.com/recipe/strawberry-oat-smoothie/
Strawberry Banana Oatmeal Smoothie))
Really Good!)

anything