Bauman College Programs

Author Topic: Juicer Or Vitamix??  (Read 23480 times)

Offline James

Re: Juicer Or Vitamix??
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2018, 10:38:28 PM »
I prefer the Vitamix. The Vitamix leaves in the fiber, which is very important for a couple of reasons. One the fiber feeds our flora. Second it slows glucose absorption preventing blood sugar spikes. Fibers also help to control hunger.

The only thing about some of the newer Vitamix machines are they are made from polycarbonate (PC) a lot of PC is made using the strong estrogenic monomer bisphenol A (BPA). Most manufacturers using PC these days are making products from BPA-free PC. Not sure if Vitamix does. I have the older stainless steel Vitammix.

Offline jenniferbelforte

« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2018, 09:41:55 PM »
Hi! Just my two cents, I would go the blender route. I have had a Blendtec for 4 years and I love it. I make green smoothies on a regular basis and you get to keep all the fiber. I also use it for pureeing soups and sauces. It is incredibly easy to clean as the blades are dull, so you don't have to worry about cutting yourself.

I bought mine at Costco. The pitcher cracked after about two years and Blendtec sent a replacement one for free. I've been super happy with mine, well worth the money.

Offline JuliaBrant

• Juilia
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2019, 12:48:59 AM »
I think the juicer is best for juicing. Because I use it now!
Just do it!

Offline shannonassad

• Student
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2019, 08:21:27 AM »
Seems that both would be ideal.  But if you only have time for one--then I'd agree with BLENDING...  I need extra help getting nutrients into my angry insides.  As someone mentioned, blending allows the fiber to remain.  I add sunchokes to my daily smoothies to make sure I include prebiotic fiber to help grab the good bacteria.  Plus I can add the powdered supplemental nutrients like matcha, chlorella tablets, acai powder, beet root powder, protein powder, etc.  I make a morning smoothie in the magic bullet w/ the added powders, coconut yogurt keifer or goat heifer, avo, stevia, water.... and my daily smoothies are made the night before in the vitamix, and are similar but with added dark leafies, celery, ginger and turmeric, sometimes zucchini, etc.  I kinda get crazy with blending.  I hope to add veggie JUICING at some point though...  at least take the time to do it a couple of days... so I can slam-dunk even more nutrients.... 

Offline adhirajrai

• Student
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2019, 06:22:51 PM »
I have both at home. My family has had a vitamix for years, but I bought a juicer recently to get the most value out of vegetables specifically. Herbs and vegetables like celery, cabbage, and kale certainly have plenty of value when eaten whole, but after I heard that they have significant benefits when their juice is ingested alone, I decided to try out juicing. I noticed immediate physiological effects from drinking juices, which didn't surprise me because I also experienced far more flavor from isolated juices than I ever did from vegetables themselves. That's why I am happy with juicing my vegetables.

I still use the vitamix for blending fruit smoothies because I want them to digest slowly rather than quickly. If I come across fresh fruits with tremendous benefits, I will try juicing them as well to see if I notice any differences in how I feel.

Offline JuliaBrant

• Juilia
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2019, 06:45:25 PM »
Absolutely, a  juicer is a wise choice! Personally, I suggest you buy orange juice machine to keep your health good and get the nutrition properly.
Just do it!

Offline JuliaBrant

• Juilia
« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2019, 09:59:48 PM »
Recently, I read a comprehensive review about juicer (www.bobsop.com/best-orange-juicer-reviews/) and I believe it will help you. I found that there are many good juicers that I have not used. Maybe, you can give it a try.
Just do it!

anything