Bauman College Programs

Author Topic: mononucleosis  (Read 147 times)

Offline miritgrembek

• Alumni
mononucleosis
« on: April 18, 2019, 11:03:01 AM »
Dear community,
I have a client who was diagnosed recently with mononucleosis. He is 40 years old, and I'm looking for foods and herbals support recommendation.
Thanks for your support,
Mirit Grembek- Sela

Offline lisafaucette

• Student
Re: mononucleosis
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2019, 09:10:50 AM »
Hello Mirit.  I'm sorry your client was diagnosed with Mono. I was diagnosed 2 years ago at 48. The recovery can be longer when a person is older. For myself, I eliminated extra curricular activities in order to rest as much as possible. I purchased lots of reading material to learn about boosting my immune system since this is viral and the virus stays in the body.  The book I used the most was Super Immunity, by Joel Fuhrman M.D. He recommends greens of course but also eating orange vegetables as well as berries and seeds and combining through out the day as they work synergistically.  The most important meal for me was breakfast where I cooked kale, mushrooms, bok choy, peppers, garlic and onions in olive oil and had black berries, flax or chia and nuts on the side. I was feeling better quickly but gave myself a full year before I increased my activity back up to full speed. I also experimented with essential oils but I don't know how much that contributed but it was at least enjoyable and a part of rest and meditation.  I hope this helps.

anything