Bauman College Programs

Author Topic: **Fermentation Workshop with Sandor Katz**  (Read 3898 times)

Offline LauraM

**Fermentation Workshop with Sandor Katz**
« on: November 17, 2007, 09:39:09 PM »
Hi everyone~
I just found out, through Marin Organic, that there is a workshop on fermenting foods put on by the author of Wild Fermentations.  It's taking place in Point Reyes....here is the official info on it...
hope to see you there!

Fermentation Workshop
December 8th, 10am-1pm
Point Reyes Station Dance Palace Church Space
Sponsored by: West Marin Commons, Point Reyes Books, and Marin Organic

Sandor Katz, author of Wild Fermentations: The Flavor, Nutrition, and Craft of Live-Culture Foods (Chelsea Green 2003) and The Revolution Will Not Be Microwaved (Chelsea Green 2006) will present a broad overview of fermentation, looking at its nutritional and historical importance, as well as demonstrate basic techniques for fermenting vegetables. His presentation will also cover food fermentation in the context of social change and how fermentation is an important part of participating in sustainable practices.

Sliding Scale fee $10-15 per person. Scholarships available. Books available for purchase at the workshop or at Point Reyes Books.

Offline ValerieM

• Alumni
Re: **Fermentation Workshop with Sandor Katz**
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2007, 02:21:02 PM »
I went to this workshop and it was awesome!
I just wanted to post that they recorded it and are going to podcast it and post it on marinorganics.com and also on wildfermentation.com.
It is very much worth checking out so if you have the chance I would definitly say to do so!!

anything