Bauman College Programs

Author Topic: Supplemental Natural Chef classes?  (Read 7650 times)

KellyT

Supplemental Natural Chef classes?
« on: February 08, 2008, 12:10:43 PM »
Has the idea ever come up for offering supplemental natural chef classes? I was thinking along the lines of a Spring or Summer supplement for students who graduated from the Fall session and a Fall/ Winter supplement for graduates of the Spring session.

There seems to be so much debate between planning what session to take based on seasonal food available. If there were supplemental individual classes available to only graduates, then it might take care of that issue.

I myself would like to take the Natural Chef program this fall. I am looking forward to learning how to prepare food during what I consider a more difficult season for me. However, I would love to take the spring session next year to work with the bounty available then.

Offline Culinary Administrator

• Culinary Administrator
  • Staff
Re: Supplemental Natural Chef classes?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2008, 03:12:37 PM »
We aren't offering any supplemental classes at the moment but I will take your suggestions into consideration for the future.  Although the recipes for each semester are based on what is growing seasonally, there is a good amount of cross-over since the semesters each span two seasons.  We use Summer produce at the beginning of the Fall semester and Winter produce at the beginning of the Spring semester.  Teachers are always available to answer questions about how to prepare all types of produce.  Also, we are making the Fall and Spring cookbooks available to all students.  I hope that helps and thanks again for your suggestions. 

KellyT

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2008, 07:51:02 PM »
Thanks Jennifer!

That is good information to know. I really hope I am able to enroll, as it looks like an amazing program and I know I would learn so much!
 :)

Offline KristinC

• Alumni
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2008, 07:46:15 AM »
Are cookbooks available to the NE and NC students as well?  I'm going to start with the NE program and I hope to take the Chef program as well, but I would love to increase my knowledge and experience of cooking as I move through the NE program!  :)

Offline Marlina E

• Associate Director
  • Administrator
    • Bauman College Online
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2008, 11:35:18 AM »
When you become an NE student you will be using Ed Bauman's Recipes and Remedies for Rejuvenation.  This book is also available through the BC online store.

We are working on all new Chef cookbooks for the spring 2008 and fall 2008 Natural Chef sessions. When those are complete, I see no reason that they will not be available to other students. 

Take care!
BA Environmental Studies UCSB
Nutrition Consultant

anything