Bauman College Programs

Author Topic: Student Interaction  (Read 6193 times)

Offline KristinC

• Alumni
Student Interaction
« on: February 22, 2008, 01:34:35 PM »
For distance students, what kind of student interaction might I expect? For the specific NE and NC student forums, do students chat together about course topics?  Are there other ways I am not aware of to encourage student interaction that a distance learner might take advantage of?  I would LOVE to be able to sit in the classroom, but for now, I think I will have to be content with the distance option...  :)

Offline Marlina E

• Associate Director
  • Administrator
    • Bauman College Online
Re: Student Interaction
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2008, 03:31:42 PM »
Hi there,

For starters, our forums is an excellent way for Distance Learners to interact not only with other Distance Learners but with classroom students as well. In addition to the Open Forum that you are participating in, we have a closed Student Community where more interaction is occuring in the NE, NC, and CHEF forums.  Conversations in there are wide and varied and yes, they are discussing concepts from the programs.  In addition, there are monthly telelecture calls hosted by Ed Bauman. We also host a Distance Learning Gathering twice a year in the spring and fall at our Berkeley and Penngrove locations.  Distance Learners come from all over the country, especially for the fall event which is scheduled in conjunction with the National Association for Nutrition Professional's yearly Nutritional Solutions Conference. This makes for a wonderful California nutrition education holiday!
BA Environmental Studies UCSB
Nutrition Consultant