Bauman College Programs

Author Topic: Anti-inflammatory curried celery soup  (Read 2607 times)

Offline CarmelaC

• making life savoury
Anti-inflammatory curried celery soup
« on: March 08, 2008, 07:02:29 AM »
This soup is positively amazing! It is great for a chilly day and/or when the joints ache. This soup was instrumental in the healing of my boyfriends torn rotator cuff!! Each ingredient has anti-inflammatory compounds. Delicious medicine!!

4 tablespoons olive or coconut oil
8 celery stalks
1 medium onion, diced
2 garlic cloves ( I use more, cuz I love it )
2 inch piece of gingerroot peeled and finely diced
1 to 2 teaspoons tumeric powder
2 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
1 teaspoon dried oregano OR 2 teaspoons fresh
1 teaspoon dried rosemary OR 1 tablespoon fresh
4 to 6 cups water or vegetable stock
Hot pepper sauce or powder  ( I use cayenne )
Black Pepper to taste

Heat oil in a large soup pot over medium heat. Saute celery, onion and garlic until veggies soften and and onion becomes translucent. Add spices, mustard, and herbs and saute another minute. Add water, bring to a boil, then lower temperature and simmer for 30 mins.Add peppers before serving. Happy healing!! Please post any yummy variations if anyone expieriments.
with love, courage, and respect.

Offline ShirleyW

• Alumni
Re: Anti-inflammatory curried celery soup
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2008, 04:34:57 PM »
 This soup was very good!  I didn't have any vegetable broth, so I used chicken broth to replace it and it also was yummy.  Thanks Shirleyw

Offline SarahY

• Alumni
Re: Anti-inflammatory curried celery soup
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2008, 01:35:11 PM »
Thank you so much- this is a fantastic remedy!  My fiance has been suffering with a very sore ligament on the bottom of his big toe for weeks.  He has been taking high doses of Asprin & IBP to my dismay.  I got him to switch to the Zyflamend and made him eat your delicious healing soup and he is feeling much better!  Mother Nature Does Rock!