Bauman College Programs

Author Topic: Any idea what kind of salary for a NE?  (Read 9893 times)

Offline lisa

Any idea what kind of salary for a NE?
« on: March 08, 2008, 12:25:10 PM »
I would like to start my own business as a NE. I want to specialize in helping families with children on the autism spectrum disorder by dietary intervention. My life experience includes healing my own ASD dd that is 6 yrs old. I hope to hold seminars to local autism groups, churches, schools etc.

My plan is to start the business after I complete the NE course and then enroll for the NC course and continue with my studies. But wondering what kind of salary one can expect just starting out?

TIA!
« Last Edit: March 08, 2008, 12:40:14 PM by lisa »

Offline DrakeS

• Alumni
    • IntoMyMouth
Re: Any idea what kind of salary for a NE?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2008, 12:47:15 PM »
Lisa,

I don't have any idea what salary would be commanded but I wanted to say that I think it is a fabulous and timely idea.  There is still so much we are learning about autism and people need help and information.  Good for you and best of luck!

Drake
Drake Cameron
IntoMyMouth.com

KellyT

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2008, 06:21:41 PM »
Hi Lisa

What you want to do mirrors what one of Bauman's successful grads is currently doing. Her name is Julie Matthews, CNC. Her website is www.healthfulliving.org .

She is in San Francisco and she has been a Defeat Autism Now (DAN!) Practitioner for over 5 years. She presents at the national DAN! conferences and has written a book called Nourishing Hope: The Essentials of Nutrition and Dietary Intervention for Autism. She has a monthly radio talk show on Autism One Radio. She does not list her prices on her website, however.

She might make a wonderful mentor.  :)

Offline Marlina E

• Associate Director
  • Administrator
    • Bauman College Online
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2008, 04:01:44 PM »
check out the attached Graduate Opportunities sheet for information on wages for NE's and NC's.
BA Environmental Studies UCSB
Nutrition Consultant

Offline lisa

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2008, 06:59:16 AM »
Hi Lisa

What you want to do mirrors what one of Bauman's successful grads is currently doing. Her name is Julie Matthews, CNC. Her website is www.healthfulliving.org .

She is in San Francisco and she has been a Defeat Autism Now (DAN!) Practitioner for over 5 years. She presents at the national DAN! conferences and has written a book called Nourishing Hope: The Essentials of Nutrition and Dietary Intervention for Autism. She has a monthly radio talk show on Autism One Radio. She does not list her prices on her website, however.

She might make a wonderful mentor.  :)

Oh wow, I already know who Julie is. We also follow the DAN! protocol for treating our daughter. How cool is that? Thanks for the information!

Offline lisa

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2008, 06:59:44 AM »
check out the attached Graduate Opportunities sheet for information on wages for NE's and NC's.

Thanks Marlina!

anything