Bauman College Programs

Author Topic: Friendship/Companion/Guidance  (Read 5496 times)

Offline RobL

• Alumni
Friendship/Companion/Guidance
« on: March 09, 2008, 05:22:48 PM »
I am looking to find someone who has started the program(NE) in Ca. to talk to by email and cell phone weekly. (I'll do the calling and spend the $.) Just to talk about the course and how to do things. I know I have a mentor and such but am looking for something different. I still feel all alone and I wish I could be at the school and meet students and discuss topics and lectures and see how the course there is different than distance learning. I feel that I am missing out on so much.
I am still in the first segment NE101 working on my first homework assingment.
It would be nice to find someone with a little spare time, I know everybody is so busy.
Talk soon Rob

Offline Marlina E

• Associate Director
  • Administrator
    • Bauman College Online
Re: Friendship/Companion/Guidance
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2008, 04:06:16 PM »
Rob, you should post this in the Nutrition Educator board, it may get more viewing.  Good luck!
BA Environmental Studies UCSB
Nutrition Consultant

Offline JenniferU

• Alumni
  • free vitamin d
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2008, 03:18:38 PM »
Hi Rob,

I just read your post about wanting contact with NE students. You may already have found a study buddy. I would be wiling to be in touch with you about any questions, challenges, inspirations, etc. you might be having.

I'm an NE student currently doing NE108 (Weight Management). Just so you don't feel so bad, I'm in a class with only 9 students and we all wish there was more time to connect with each other, ask more questions, get help with assignments, etc. So I can imagine it would be even harder long distance!

This is a very challenging course. Now that I'm getting close to finishing I worry about how I will feel prepared to go into practice with this as a foundation. I realize I'll have to keep learning as I go and inventing a way to study this stuff, do research, consult with more experienced types, etc. probably for as long as I am in the field. I love learning about it all but I honestly freak out everytime we start a new chapter. I've usually calmed down a bit by the time the homework is handed in, but there is something about the volume of information as well as the way it hits up against prior "knowledge' that is overwhelming.

Why don't you let me know where you're at and how it's going so far.... It might be helpful to me to have to recap things and see what I know at this point?

In Penngrove,

Jenn
mizunamas@mail.com

Offline SelinaB

• Alumni
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2008, 02:43:53 PM »
I am intrigued, I am in the NE course as well and in 105 right now.  I am in the Distance Program but would be interested in recapping and chatting about what may come as well.  If you do not mind another buddy my email is braggindesign@hotmail.com and if need be numbers can come later.

Health and Happiness,
Selina

Offline Nicole Marelich

• Alumni
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2008, 12:30:02 PM »
Jenn,

If you, or anyone else, are feeling intimidated or, "worry about how [you] will feel prepared to go into practice," as a nutrition educator, I highly recommend furthering your education at Bauman in the NC course; it rounds out what you learn in NE very well and should help you to better apply it to working within the community, one-on-one with clients, and yourself.

While NE was eye-opening, mind-opening, very informative, empowering and offered the tools I needed to make and recommend healthier food and lifestyle choices, NC took it to an even higher level of understanding and healing.

In NC, you'll learn a great deal about human physiology and disease and how to address disease using, of course, food, first and foremost, as well as healthy lifestyle behaviors, and the therapeutic use of quality nutritional supplements and herbs; it is quite intriguing, and, oh so  powerful!

It is incredibly amazing what can be learned at Bauman College, definitely empowering, life-changing and inspiring.  I am so grateful for the knowledge, support and inspiration I gained in my 3 years studying at BC.  It has empowered me towards healing myself, and to help others do the same, and this, to me, is absolutely priceless.  I truly wish every human could have this opportunity.

Have fun with your studies (and work) and relish the benefits your education at BC provides!

~Nikki
« Last Edit: April 21, 2008, 12:33:42 PM by NikkiM »

Offline JenniferU

• Alumni
  • free vitamin d
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2008, 08:56:25 PM »
Nikki,

Thanks for the advice. I'm thinking about it. Almost done with NE and looking at what's next. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Jenn

Offline HeidiB

• Alumni
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2008, 05:36:14 PM »
hii i am doing the distance laerning NE and only on 102. i would be way down to recap to help digest the inforamtion. it a great idea. let me know if your interested
keep it real.

Offline OliveK

• Alumni
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2008, 05:12:56 PM »

HI Rob,

I am also a distance learner and am about to begin the NE program. I was just thinking that it would be helpful to connect with some other Bauman students, especially since the distance learning experience can be rather isolating. I have just been accepted to the program and as such haven't begun just yet, but as soon as I do I would be happy to go over the material with you, as I'm sure I will benefit from it too. Let me know and I will be more than happy to give you my e - mail address. Where are you located?

Blessings, Olive

anything