Bauman College Programs

Linked Events

• Garden Workshop - Baypoint: April 26, 2008

Author Topic: You're invited! Garden Work Party @ The Bay Point Garden Saturday April 26, 10-1  (Read 3041 times)

Offline SergioG

• Alumni
Hello all,

Sergio G. here, Berkeley am NE Program.  I am a Garden Educator the Bay Point Garden.  It is a 2.25 acre organic school garden.  This Garden is part of the Mount Diablo Unified Afterschool Program.  School Gardens like this one are one of the best ways to teach nutrition and healthy habits.

It is time for our annual spring work party.  While students do most of the work in the garden it is a huge place and always are in need of adult help.  Come on out and help us weed, amend, and prep the soil for this seasons planting.

Work Party
Bay Point Garden
205 Pacifica Ave
Bay Point, Ca 94565

Saturday, April 26 10 am - 1pm

Call or email for more info or directions:
925 250-3049
baypointgarden@yahoo.com

Garden is about 30 min (east) from Bauman Berkeley

Would be great to see some Bauman folks out there!

dirt first,

Sergio Galicia
« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 05:30:41 PM by Marlina E »

KellyT

Hi Sergio!

I wish I could go. We are going to Sacramento for my grandmother's funeral that day. (She wanted to be laid to rest in the spring...she was cremated earlier this year.)

I would love to know more about your program. I live in Pittsburg, next to the BART station (Oak Hills Apartments). I am a NE DL student, finishing this Spring/ early Summer.

Are there opportunities for volunteer work at other times? Is the afterschool program available to children not attending the local schools? We do live in the Mt Diablo district, but we homeschool. I have twins who are turning 11, a 6 year old, and a 2 year old.

Thank you for any info.

:)