Bauman College Programs

Author Topic: chef's attire  (Read 12482 times)

Offline ess2008

chef's attire
« on: April 14, 2008, 05:52:24 PM »
Can the chef's jacket for school be other colors beside white?  How about the hat or head scarf to be used?  Thank you.  Ellen

Offline Marlina E

• Associate Director
  • Administrator
    • Bauman College Online
Re: chef's attire
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2008, 06:37:45 PM »
Hi Ellen,

Thanks for your question.  You may wear any color jacket in the classroom.  Ditto for your headwear.  Though we enforce the dress code, we do not insist upon your color choice. 
BA Environmental Studies UCSB
Nutrition Consultant

Offline ess2008

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2008, 05:25:31 PM »
Thank you for your quick response. 

Offline no2steph

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2010, 02:18:21 AM »
Hello. Is it possible to wear a nose-ring retainer during natural chef classes? I understand the sanitary issues that you are required to enforce, but was wondering if there are options like wearing retainers or band-aids over the piercings?

thks
s

Offline Marsha McLaughlin

• Admissions
  • Staff
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2010, 10:07:53 AM »
Hello
The Bauman College Natural Chef Professional Hygiene & Dress Code Policy states "No Jewelry of any kind" or "Facial piercings". This is for sanitation and safety reasons.  The wearing of band-aids or piercing retainers are not allowed.

Thank you for checking with Bauman College for clarification prior to the class start date.  Be sure to contact me if you have additional questions.

Be Well,
Marsha McLaughlin
Bauman College Admissions Supervisor
800-987-7530
marsha.mclaughlin@baumancollege.org

Offline ashley

• Alumni
    • sprout
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2010, 06:43:40 PM »
Hello,

I also have a question about attire...I'm looking for a little more detail about the hat requirement. It says that the hat must cover all hair but I see many photo's of chaf hat's that are like a baseball cap. Does anyone have any hat suggestions or links to chef hats they love?

Ashley
Ashley

Offline Culinary Program Director

• Culinary Program Director
  • Staff
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2010, 04:16:32 PM »
Hello Ashley.

We require that all of the head is covered, and that any loose hair (like a ponytail) be contained. If you have long hair, you can put in a bun, but your cap itself doesn't have to contain all of your hair.

Students receive jackets and skull caps as part of the program, and you can certainly wear the cap that comes with your tuition. However, if you'd prefer to wear a cap of your own, as long as it it covers your head and any lose hair you have otherwise contained, that's fine.

Head scarves at the current time are not allowed.

I hope this answers your question.

Thanks.