Bauman College Programs

Author Topic: Soup for Breakfast  (Read 2058 times)

Offline LisaL

• Alumni
Soup for Breakfast
« on: May 23, 2008, 03:23:21 PM »
I've been eating soup for breakfast lately, and have really been enjoying it.  Like many other people, I don't do well with dairy, eggs or wheat, and am wanting something more substantial than fruit - for some reason I don't like to eat grains in the morning, either.  I don't always have time to make the smoothies I like, so I've been making a lot of soup at night, and just heating it up in the morning for breakfast.  It ihas been really satisfying and super easy to digest.  I make a vegetable soup out of 6 or so different veggies - I cook the veggies in beef or chicken stock, add whatever spices I want, and puree the whole thing in the blender.  It's thick and warm and savory, and I mix in a spoonful of miso in it when I eat it.  Really yummy!

Offline MistyH

• Alumni
Re: Soup for Breakfast
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2008, 07:48:53 PM »
That sounds great!  I love soup.  I made a fabulous squash soup a few weeks ago and added nutmeg, cinnamon and a tbs. of coconut oil.  I was in heaven!
Eat Well, Feel Well

Offline SoohyunK

• Alumni
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2008, 04:58:18 AM »
I fully agree with you.
I even eat soup as dinner.  There is a psychological reason for this: soup makes we feel full. Even clear soup. With clear soup the feeling is illusory, but it keeps us from eating as much of the rest of the meal as we might otherwise.

When the soup is filled with vegetables and beans or rice or pasta, we not only feel full, we are full. And when the soup is also flavorful, we also feel satisfied. 
I usually don't puree soup in the blender, because I like chew all ingredients in the soup. 

Offline GloriaA

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2008, 03:39:41 PM »
Thank you for posting this! I've been trying to come up with new "out of the ordinary" breakfast foods since I tend to eat the same thing everyday. Like you, I don't do very well with grains so having my veggies in soup form sounds great! I hadn't thought about having soup for breakfast but it sounds like such a tasty thing to have upon rising. Can't wait to try it out. Thanks again!

~Gloria~
"Everyday is a gift. All we have to do is unwrap it!" -unknown

Offline MiraD

• Alumni
    • Grains&More
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2008, 06:27:58 PM »
Sometimes I start my morning with a cup of miso (dandelion leek is my favorite) and I find that to be very satisfying.

Offline BoooD4455

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2020, 03:56:32 AM »
I eat a Grilled Sea Bream https://mygreencookbook.com/grilled-sea-bream/ For breakfast today)))
It was soo delicious yesterday that I decide eat it for breakfast!))