Bauman College Programs

Author Topic: Heading to Japan... and looking for some fun cooking lessons to add in!!!  (Read 3546 times)

Offline AngieN

• Alumni
    • A Sensational Creation... Using all 5 senses, naturally!
I'm planning to be in Japan for about a month in the fall and have been checking out some really fun things to do while I'm there. Obviously cooking and eating will be a huge part of my trip but I wondered if anyone had any specific suggestions of lessons and demonstrations in different places that I can check out and sign up for.

I will be in Tokyo for about 4-5 days, Kyoto for about a week, all around Kyushu hiking for about a week then heading down to Okinawa for a few more days after that.

This is my first trip to Japan and am really looking to do things off the beaten path to experience the culture more intimately. Classes that interest me would be surrounded around tea ceremonies and the kaiseki meals served with them, noodle making, mochi making, sushi making, fermentation, sea vegetable harvesting and so on.

Thank you so much for any guidance you may share with me and I wish you a beautiful day!!!
Angie Needels
Natural + Therapeutic Chef
www.asensationalcreation.com
angie@asensationalcreation.com

Albert Einstein said, "We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

Offline Morgan

• Alumni
    • Subsistence Assistance
Check out
www.brownsfield-jp.org

It's a work/stay situation based around cooking in harmony with nature. They have workshops and classes, although they are hard to get in contact with. I've met the owners and they are phenomenal. The farm is east of Tokyo on the Boso peninsula...
Your trip sounds amazing!
Good luck!
Helping you find the Road to Wellness...
www.subsistenceassistance.com

Offline AngieN

• Alumni
    • A Sensational Creation... Using all 5 senses, naturally!
Wow! Thank you so much. I will check everything out and I am hoping that since I have a bit of time ahead of me that I can make the appropriate arrangements to make this happen!

Have a great weekend...
Angie Needels
Natural + Therapeutic Chef
www.asensationalcreation.com
angie@asensationalcreation.com

Albert Einstein said, "We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

anything