Bauman College Programs

Author Topic: Enrollment Essay  (Read 9134 times)

Offline AlexandraL

• Alumni
Enrollment Essay
« on: August 04, 2008, 05:19:04 PM »
Hello,

Anyone else having trouble putting together their enrollment essay? I've been out of school for quite some time and don't do much writing (other than compose emails) at work so I'm a bit stressed trying to put it together.  :'(

Suggestions, words of encouragement or other are welcome.  :)

Offline Marlina E

• Associate Director
  • Administrator
    • Bauman College Online
Re: Enrollment Essay
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2008, 09:31:36 AM »
Hi Aly,

I hear you! But don't let the entrance essay to stress you out.  Look at it rather as an opportunity to put your thoughts in order in regards to your decision to enter into an educational program.

Just write about what has led you up to this time in life where you would like to study nutrition or culinary arts and what you hope to do with it when you graduate (personal interest is fine as well!).

It is also a great exercise to help you get jazzed about your upcoming studies.

Good luck!  Call us if you need anything. We look forward to receiving your application.  But don't delay.  Submit it by this Friday, so you will be able to enroll by August 22 and avoid the Late Enrollment Fee!
BA Environmental Studies UCSB
Nutrition Consultant

Offline AlexandraL

• Alumni
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2008, 06:16:59 PM »
Hello Marlina,

Thanks for your post!

Regarding the late enrollment penalty, is this true for the online NE courses as well?

Aly

Offline Marlina E

• Associate Director
  • Administrator
    • Bauman College Online
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2008, 01:45:40 PM »
No, the Late Enrollment Fee is only applicable to the classroom programs that are starting next month.  If you are applying for Distance Learning, you can apply and enroll at any time.

Good luck, how is the essay coming?
BA Environmental Studies UCSB
Nutrition Consultant

Offline AlexandraL

• Alumni
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2008, 02:55:02 PM »
No, the Late Enrollment Fee is only applicable to the classroom programs that are starting next month.  If you are applying for Distance Learning, you can apply and enroll at any time.

Good luck, how is the essay coming?

It's been a few weeks but I did finish my essay and mailed off the application package today!

I'm really excited about this and can't wait until I receive my acceptance notification!

anything