Bauman College Programs

Author Topic: Distance Learning Mentors  (Read 3632 times)

Offline KristinC

• Alumni
Distance Learning Mentors
« on: February 23, 2009, 03:02:46 PM »
Could you tell me a bit more about the Distance Learning NE program?  I am wondering if there is on mentor that you have for the whole program, or do you interact with different mentors for the different modules?  I think the CDs are all done by Ed Bauman, right?  Just wondering how many mentors and different perspectives I might be able to enjoy while a student in the distance program...

Offline Marsha McLaughlin

• Admissions
  • Staff
Re: Distance Learning Mentors
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2009, 05:15:47 PM »
Hello

Once enrolled as a Bauman College Distance Learning student you will be assigned a personal mentor who is a Bauman College faculty member. You will work with your mentor from the beginning of the program through your graduation and certification. Your mentor also critiques your homework for each course topic, answers student questions, and directs the student to resources needed to strengthen their work. You will consult with your mentor by telephone after each course topic is completed.

Bauman College faculty members are very active in our Community Forum and exclusive Student Community Forum. Our on-line forums are wonderful discussion communities, where students and members discuss and share information through the boards.  This is a great way to interact with many different Bauman College mentors/faculty and have the opportunity to hear their different perspectives.

Dr. Bauman, Executive Director, presents monthly Distance Learning tele-lecture conference calls, exclusively for our Distance Learning students. This is a great opportunity to learn live from Dr. Bauman, allowing you the opportunity to ask questions and interact with your Distance Learning community.

Please contact me if you would like to discuss your questions in further detail.  I am always available to speak with you.

Marsha McLaughlin
Admissions Supervisor
800-987-7530
admissions@baumancollege.org

anything