Bauman College Programs

Author Topic: Vegan Chocolate Zucchini Cake  (Read 1985 times)

Offline RebeccaF

• Alumni
Vegan Chocolate Zucchini Cake
« on: March 02, 2009, 09:18:04 PM »
Chocolate Zucchini Cake
⅓ cup Earth Balance Vegan Butter, softened
1 cup Rapadura sugar
⅓ cup agave nectar
⅓ cup maple syrup
cup vegetable oil, plus 1 tablespoon for greasing
cup soy yogurt
3 eggs quantity Ener- G egg replacer, prepared according to package directions
2 tsp vanilla
cup soy or almond milk
2.5 cups Whole Wheat Pastry Flour, or Spelt flour
cup raw cacao powder
2.5 teaspoons baking powder
1.5 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups zucchini, grated
chopped nuts if desired
cup grain sweetened chocolate chips
cup soy or almond milk
Preheat oven to 375 degrees, lightly grease cake pans or cupcake pan with 1 tablespoon vegetable oil.

In a large bowl thoroughly whisk together butter, rapadura, agave, and maple syrup until a creamy texture is achieved. Add in egg replacer mixture, oil, vanilla, soy yogurt, and milk. Continue to whisk until very well combined. Stir in zucchini (and chopped nuts if desired). Set aside.

In a seperate smaller bowl, combine all dry ingredients remaining: flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Add dry mixture in slowly to wet ingredients until well combined, careful not to over mix.

Pour mixture into prepared cake pan or into cupcake molds.

Bake at 375 for 45-50 minutes if making a full cake, 20 minutes if making cupcakes. Check for doneness by inserting a toothpick into the center of the cake or cupcake. When the toothpick comes out clean, the cake (s) are done. Cool for at least 20 minutes, transfer to cake plate.

For glaze-

Bring 2 cups of water to a boil in a sauce pan. Place a large glass bowl over the saucepan to create a double boiler. Add chocolate chips and milk to the glass bowl, stirring constantly to a thick sauce consistency. Drizzle chocolate glaze over the top of the cake or cupcakes, letting the glaze drip down the sides.

Offline Nicole

Re: Vegan Chocolate Zucchini Cake
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2009, 03:57:01 AM »
Mmmm, I love chocolate zucchini bread/cake!!!
...I'm going to try this recipe using yogurt made with coconut milk http://www.purelydecadent.com/products/so_delicious_coconutyogurt_plain.html and 1/4 cup of coconut oil instead of vegetable oil, ...and 1/4 cup of coconut milk instead of soy/almond milk.
(I'm kind of a coconut freak). I'll let you know how it turns out!
Thanks for posting  :D

Offline BoooD4455

Re: Vegan Chocolate Zucchini Cake
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2019, 07:34:30 AM »
Yammy!))
One more Vegan cake recipe -  Vegan Blueberry Mug Cake  https://greenann.com/recipe/vegan-mug-cake/
Try!)
Ingredients:
⅓ cup Blueberry
5-7 soaked overnight Almond nuts
DRY INGREDIENTS:
4 tbsp Whole-wheat flour
2 tbsp Sugar
1 pinch Salt
tsp Baking powder
WET INGREDIENTS:
8 tbsp Almond Milk
1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil