Bauman College Programs

Author Topic: Natural Educator/Consultant programs, Dietitians...  (Read 4006 times)

Offline margot

Natural Educator/Consultant programs, Dietitians...
« on: March 21, 2009, 08:53:43 PM »
And yet another question:

Ultimately, I would like become a registered dietitian. However, I am much more interested in holistic nutrition than traditional nutrition. From the research I've done so far, I have two options: a traditional education that gets me the RD (and/or Master's) qualification or a holistic education (e.g., at Bauman) that is much more in tune with my beliefs but that doesn't get me the RD qualification. Do you know of any way to get both? For instance, do you know of any "traditional" programs that would transfer credits from the Bauman program or otherwise work with this? Any information on this will be very helpful!

Also, I've looked at some colleges that do offer degrees in holistic nutrition, but they are online programs. I am not interested in strictly online programs.

Thanks so much!

Offline Alabama

• Alumni
  • Eat Well Be Well
Re: Natural Educator/Consultant programs, Dietitians...
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2009, 10:28:49 AM »
Bastyr is the only one that I know of actually.  I'd love to know if there is another.  I think NANP has a pretty good grasp on who is doing viable holistic nutrition education and I totally understand the not wanting ONLY correspondence learning too.  I wish Bauman had a campus up here in Portland, OR.  I'd love to chat about this more, I'm always contemplating it.  Bastyr is an excellent school but it is also VERY expensive and pretty competitive to get admitted into.
DeeAnnna Wales-VanReken
Certified Natural Chef
Bastyr MSN/DPD candidate 2013

Offline Marlina E

• Associate Director
  • Administrator
    • Bauman College Online
Re: Natural Educator/Consultant programs, Dietitians...
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2009, 01:44:41 PM »
Hi Margot,

See an answer I just wrote sort of along the same lines here:
http://www.baumancollege.org/forum/index.php/topic,5800.0/topicseen.html

BA Environmental Studies UCSB
Nutrition Consultant