Bauman College Programs

Author Topic: Rio Caliente Holistic Spa - An Amazing Retreat  (Read 6710 times)

Offline Marlina E

• Associate Director
  • Administrator
    • Bauman College Online
Rio Caliente Holistic Spa - An Amazing Retreat
« on: April 24, 2009, 11:51:49 AM »
I just spent a week at Rio Caliente Hot Springs Spa Resort, outside of Guadalajara, Mexico.  It is a heavenly place, at the headwaters of the Rio Caliente. Natural hot springs water is piped into 4 soaking pools; this water contains a wonderful amount of lithium, perfect for relaxing.  In addition to morning hikes, daily yoga, water exercise and 3 vegetarian Eating For Health meals, you can experience wonderful treatments, such as body work and facials, from their very talented and healing staff.  The place is truly magic.  It was a perfect place for me to relax, renew and rejuvenate! 

It is a very safe  place for women to trave to alone.  In fact 95% of the clientele are women and the energy is terrific.  My husband was one of the two men when we were there, but he had a fine time.

Check it out!            http://www.riocaliente.com/
BA Environmental Studies UCSB
Nutrition Consultant

Offline Dixie

• Alumni
  • Nothing so good for the heart as the horse.
    • The Tao of Chow
Re: Rio Caliente Holistic Spa - An Amazing Retreat
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2009, 01:36:05 PM »
Wow, this place looks terrific!  Did you drive down?  Do you know, if one were to fly down is there any way to get there without renting a car?
Thanks,
Dixie
Dixie Raile NC
The Tao of Chow  
settle into your wellness
email:  dixie@the-tao-of-chow.com

Offline Marlina E

• Associate Director
  • Administrator
    • Bauman College Online
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2009, 02:00:22 PM »
You fly into Guatalajara and then can take a taxi to Rio Caliente.  It is about 45 - 60 minutes away. the taxi costs ~$45 for up to 4 people.

We stayed the first night in Tlaquepaque, an artist village in the Guadalajara metropolitan area.  It was really nice.  Took a taxi from the airport to the B&B: La Casa del Retono http://www.lacasadelretono.com.mx/.  They arranged for a taxi to Rio Caliente, someone who knows how to get there.  Not all taxi drivers know how to get there, so you need to make sure they can find it.  Rio Caliente sends you a map to help a taxi driver as well.

BA Environmental Studies UCSB
Nutrition Consultant

Offline Dixie

• Alumni
  • Nothing so good for the heart as the horse.
    • The Tao of Chow
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2009, 04:54:16 PM »
Thanks!  I'm mentally planning to go; what happens actually will be in the hands of karma!
Dixie   :D
Dixie Raile NC
The Tao of Chow  
settle into your wellness
email:  dixie@the-tao-of-chow.com

Offline VanessaZ

• Alumni
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2009, 06:54:56 PM »
Rio Caliente is awesome my family has been going for many years.  It is always very healing, refreshing, and relaxing.  I definately recomend it to anyone and everyone interested in a "healthy" vacation.

fema

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2010, 11:52:43 PM »
That is really sounds amazing and it's perfect! In my everyday activities in my life, I feel so haggard and I really need to relax and unwind. If ever that someday that Iíve been there in Mexico, I will not miss to visit that place and feel the rejuvenating service of Rio Caliente Holistic Spa.